Sign in to follow this  
wchafe

Check this out!

Hey Wade,I have some questions about undocking gauges in the AFDS gauge and was wondering if you could help?Discovering that you could undock gauges has made this like a whole new sim, and I'm enjoying every minute of it! :) Thanks in advanceSteve Dra

Hey Wade,I just downloaded the panel SDK and will be browsing through it to see if I can find the answer.I want to exhaust all my resources before I come to the forum for help. :)Regards,Steve Dra

Hello Wade,it would be a good idea to make the MCP from aerosoft Australia working with the 767PIC. I think, many users would like to build a cockpit with multiple monitors, as I did too (3 monitors now, later 4 monitors: 1 for oustide view, MCP and visible overhead, 2 for the main panel instruments, 1 for FMC and pedestal). There may be a lot of users that want to build a cockpit with real switches, rotary encoders ... and 7-segment-LED displays too, but don't know enough about electronics (like me) and don't have the time to build all the intrument panels with graphics, texts, drilling holes, mounting switches .... It seems that the 747MCP with EFIS, EICAS and further add on's is the best and at least cheapest 'all in one' and 'plug and play' solution for a complete working cockpit without programming. If the 767PIC would work with this hardware, it could become the best and most realistic simulator. At the moment unfortunatly the keyboard commands seem to be working only with a real keyboard. They don't work with a keyboard emulator like my Hagstrom KE72 and other devices. So I would have to use an old keyboard-chip or jostick keys to get working switches in my cockpit. With FS2002 standart aircrafts the encoder works perfect. There must be a difference beetween the way, that the keyboard-interface of FS2002 and windows works and the keyboard-interface of 767PIC. The only working solution now is the Key2mouse.dll by Luciano Napolitano.Best solution would be to make the Keyboard interface working with encoders and to make an interface like FSUIPC by Pete Dowson. This would make the MCP windows for HDG, ALT and VS working with real 7-segment-LED displays too.Because I don't like to fly with other FS standart-aircrafts anymore, since using the 767PIC, please contact AEROSOFT AUSTRALIA and force them to make the PIC working with their hardware!RegardsTony

Hi Wade,Same deal with the GF-45? I'll be happy to send you some hardware if you are interested in making it compatible with 767PIC... would make lots of ours and your users very happy!I would like to work with someone like yourself to develop a named variables standard for MCP data. Send me an e-mail if this is of interest to you.Cheers,Doyle

That MCP747 website says that it already works with PIC - I'm confused!!

That is incorrect, it does not. It will most likely be compatible with future products, and an update to PIC may be released which will make it compatible with PIC. At this time it is not fully compatible with PIC, nor is there any absolute guarantee that it will ever be.Regards,Wade

That sounds depressing.Please reformulate to sound more optimistic! :-)Why does it alway need to be so complicated ?Call it the pro version and charge money for it.Who said flying was cheap?Regards, Andreas (number 124 in the mcp queue)

Wade,The same applies for Aerosoft's ACP Compact, the product I use. There's another member of our club using the GoFlight equipment and it's a real pitty that the mentioned hardware is not compatible with PIC. It's the only hardware around simulating some features of a life-like cockpit.Is this because of the fact that the A/P of PIC is programmed around the FS2002 A/P? In other words: It does not have to do with anything like the keyboard assignments?I can understand that it's not worth the time to make a patch for PIC to use the products. Maybe the developers (GoFlight and Aerosoft) can make an adjustment...Thanks,

HiThanks Doyle,I have a bunch of your stuff and think it`s great.I would love to get it working with the pic AP.Ron ReesBy the way I Go-Flight is a group of real standup guys with great support.

I really appreciate the good word from you guys! This has been a blast, and a lifelong dream for me -- to make flight simming more FUN for so many people around the world. We have some great new hardware AND software coming out just in time to keep you indoors for summer! (Hopefully I'll be able to finally go out and get some UV after all this time programming.. the sun is a rare commodity this time of year here in Oregon... :-)Please excuse me for not knowing this...but are there keypresses that can be used to control the MCP in 767PIC? If so, I have some beta software that I will hook up with anyone who wants it. This allows you to translate control movements on any of our current hardware to simple KEY PRESSES... so you can use our stuff with any game or sim on the market! We are in Beta 2 at the moment, Beta 3 is this Friday. But it works now for single keys... You wouldn't see anything on the '45 displays but you would be able to set the autopilot using the encoders, P8 buttons, etc.To pull this off, I have written two custom WDM drivers and a custom installer that supports all versions of Windows back to Win98. The UI is rough right now but it will get a lot prettier in the next few revs.Cheers!

Theo, I didn't say it wouldn't happen, we just don't know at this point. We feel very strongly about being open and honest with our customers. I don't have a crystal ball so I can't predict the future. I made the statement I did because I want to be fair to people. I don't want anyone to be misled into thinking that it's guaranteed that at some point PIC767 will be fully compatible with these addon hardware devices, because at this point NOBODY knows!When we are in a position to talk about the future of a new or updated 767 product and any other project we may be involved in we will give everyone the details. To repeat what I said I was concerned that some poeple were being misled into thinking that PIC767 was already compatible with this product. IT IS NOT! Regards,Wade

Hi Doyle. PIC has a custom keypress interface which allows you to set keystroke combinations for many of the features in PIC including the MCP. Drop me an email at wchafe@thezone.netRegards,Wade

Wade,clicking your link gives an error that says:SCRIPT ERROR!!! There was an error in processing your request.Following is the error message: System Message: No such file or directory Please notify the administrator of this site. Thank you.Can you please repost it?

Wade was referring to some screenshots that I had taken a while back that showed how I rearranged my views ad undocked panels to spread the PIC panel across 3 monitors. Well, here are the pics he was referring to.Regards,Steve DraThis is my main monitorhttp://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...d19313ebacb.jpgThis is one of my other monitors. I have since added the altimeter and VSI to the EHSI control panel, and it works great!http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...d5831d806f8.jpg

Steve,Flying that Kinky arrival again huh LOL! Not familiar with that one, typically I fly MACEY2 when approaching from that direction. Send me some info on this.This PIC thing is addictive isn't it? Nice shoots...looks like you have your set-up just the way you like it...you still fly using lots of outside views?regards,Jay

Hey Jay,I get a kick outta' that KINKY fix, and use it whenever I land on 26! :) The approach is one I modified based on (as best as I could tell) how I see it out the window on a real DAL767 flight (BOS-ATL) I frequently take.Sitting on the left side of the aircraft, I can see that we past just West of KLZU (I used to work there) and parallel to the runway. That makes the LOGEN fix just about right. Next we turn about 30 degs to the left and pass right by Stone Mountain

Hello, is there any news about the compatibility of PIC767 with hardware devices? I saw this in Aerosoft's site in news section ( http://www.mcp747.com ) :"Wednesday, 10th July 2002Co-operative development with the Wilco PIC767 team is now complete. The interface to PIC767 is bug free and working seamlessly with our MCP hardware. We're just waiting on the official patch from Wilco before we can release the software. A new version of our interface software will also be released which is required for use with PIC767. We'll keep you posted and as soon as the patch is ready for download. At this stage I've been told that it could only be a matter of days away. Of course, you must already own Wilco's brilliant 767 Pilot In Command 767. In the mean time, we're still building and still shipping MCPs out the door as fast as we can. "RegardsOAL331Athens-Greece

Indeed,I made the SDK which is just finished. Andrew McLean from Aerosoft claims their MCP is now fully compatible with PIC767, but he is talking here of a updated version of PIC for FS2002 which will be compiled in a patch and released by Wilco asap (but I don't have any date for now).Regards,Laurent Crenier_____________________________PIC Panel co-designer

Laurent.... Did I understand this well... this you say patch? PIC 767 Updated patch? Ok ok.. I will not ask when, but at least what is included??????????

Only the compatibility stuff to command the AFDS from external applications & hardwaresRegards,Laurent Crenier_____________________________PIC Panel co-designer