Sign in to follow this  
wchafe

Check this out!

Theo, I didn't say it wouldn't happen, we just don't know at this point. We feel very strongly about being open and honest with our customers. I don't have a crystal ball so I can't predict the future. I made the statement I did because I want to be fair to people. I don't want anyone to be misled into thinking that it's guaranteed that at some point PIC767 will be fully compatible with these addon hardware devices, because at this point NOBODY knows!When we are in a position to talk about the future of a new or updated 767 product and any other project we may be involved in we will give everyone the details. To repeat what I said I was concerned that some poeple were being misled into thinking that PIC767 was already compatible with this product. IT IS NOT! Regards,Wade

Hi Doyle. PIC has a custom keypress interface which allows you to set keystroke combinations for many of the features in PIC including the MCP. Drop me an email at wchafe@thezone.netRegards,Wade

Wade,clicking your link gives an error that says:SCRIPT ERROR!!! There was an error in processing your request.Following is the error message: System Message: No such file or directory Please notify the administrator of this site. Thank you.Can you please repost it?

Wade was referring to some screenshots that I had taken a while back that showed how I rearranged my views ad undocked panels to spread the PIC panel across 3 monitors. Well, here are the pics he was referring to.Regards,Steve DraThis is my main monitorhttp://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...d19313ebacb.jpgThis is one of my other monitors. I have since added the altimeter and VSI to the EHSI control panel, and it works great!http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...d5831d806f8.jpg

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Steve,Flying that Kinky arrival again huh LOL! Not familiar with that one, typically I fly MACEY2 when approaching from that direction. Send me some info on this.This PIC thing is addictive isn't it? Nice shoots...looks like you have your set-up just the way you like it...you still fly using lots of outside views?regards,Jay

Hey Jay,I get a kick outta' that KINKY fix, and use it whenever I land on 26! :) The approach is one I modified based on (as best as I could tell) how I see it out the window on a real DAL767 flight (BOS-ATL) I frequently take.Sitting on the left side of the aircraft, I can see that we past just West of KLZU (I used to work there) and parallel to the runway. That makes the LOGEN fix just about right. Next we turn about 30 degs to the left and pass right by Stone Mountain

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hello, is there any news about the compatibility of PIC767 with hardware devices? I saw this in Aerosoft's site in news section ( http://www.mcp747.com ) :"Wednesday, 10th July 2002Co-operative development with the Wilco PIC767 team is now complete. The interface to PIC767 is bug free and working seamlessly with our MCP hardware. We're just waiting on the official patch from Wilco before we can release the software. A new version of our interface software will also be released which is required for use with PIC767. We'll keep you posted and as soon as the patch is ready for download. At this stage I've been told that it could only be a matter of days away. Of course, you must already own Wilco's brilliant 767 Pilot In Command 767. In the mean time, we're still building and still shipping MCPs out the door as fast as we can. "RegardsOAL331Athens-Greece

Indeed,I made the SDK which is just finished. Andrew McLean from Aerosoft claims their MCP is now fully compatible with PIC767, but he is talking here of a updated version of PIC for FS2002 which will be compiled in a patch and released by Wilco asap (but I don't have any date for now).Regards,Laurent Crenier_____________________________PIC Panel co-designer

Laurent.... Did I understand this well... this you say patch? PIC 767 Updated patch? Ok ok.. I will not ask when, but at least what is included??????????

Only the compatibility stuff to command the AFDS from external applications & hardwaresRegards,Laurent Crenier_____________________________PIC Panel co-designer

So it will not be "locked" only with MCP747, right?If yes, does will be compatible & open with Fsuipc, to send & receive commands & data? ThanksOAL331Athens-Greece

Laurent or Wade,is there any chance to get a TCAS included with this or any other patch (upgrade)? Will there ever be a TCAS for 767 PIC? The most advanced cockpit and aircraft systems simulator for FS 2002 would REALLY NEED an integrated TCAS simulation. Please!My best regards,Michael LOWW

The PIC SDK will not be locked of course.Any developper can use it.Regards,Laurent Crenier_____________________________PIC Panel co-designer

Hi Michael,We don't plan to release any further update for PIC2002. Now we have to move on our next project and that will take 100% of our time ... and it's really too early to know which function will be included !Regards,Laurent Crenier_____________________________PIC Panel co-designer

Laurent,I understand. Thank you and keep up your excellent work!!!MichaelLOWW