Sign in to follow this  
Guest markyp

767 Planning.

Guest markyp

Hi there,I am just wondering, I know many people have been developing tools for planning, ie weight limits, fuel loads, runway limits, derates etc for all the major addon aircraft or a few.Flight 1 ATR has a excel spreadsheet which is excellent,PMDG 744 & 744F has the Topcat planning solution for derates etc,PMDG 737 also has a product called Tomaflex which is very good and does the same above.I just think for what an amazing a/c the Level D 767 is, us simmers who like things that bit closer to the real thing are missing out on this??Is anyone developing one or does anyone use one for this awsome a/c?I just feel it is a bit of a shame really..! Would add a lot for me!!ThanksMark

Guest poschrob

yeah, such kind of takeoff performance calculation tool would be really great for the 767.Rob

Guest JamieG

Search for 767disp30a on Yahoo or Avsim--it is an excel spreadsheet that is fantastic. (I know there are some other good ones for LDS767 too). This one is very detailed, and prints off Takeoff Data Cards, etc.

You might wanna take a look at this. It will include performance data for the 767:www.vdispatch.caI know, it's a shameless plug but what the...Cheers,

Of course, there's always the performance tables available at the LDS flying club website. It's not a calculator as such but you can derive your assumed temperature from the tables quite easily. Plus this is the way it's done in the RW by many airlines (ie manually off a chart, not by calulator)

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Looking forward to the app Mats,hopfully it's not far off now. Please keep me in mind for the beta team if there is to be one!Chrs!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Re: 767disp30aI downloaded it and it looked to be very interesting; however, I could not seem to be able to update the airports or the runways. I kept getting run time errors.Does the template page operate without the need for the database? If so, then the information can be put in by hand, but if this is the case, then I'm not so sure that it is very helpful, since I'm not so certain that it does the rest of the work.Any thoughts would be helpful.ThanksDave LambCat IV Senior Captain (B767-300)United Airlines Virtual

David,The vb script for airports and runways updates hangs when the update process starts. That's after changing all the paths in the script to the correct.navdata locations on my machine. Appear like the Excel sheets for those functions aren't included with the download. Another issue is that navaid and fix data cannot be updated. And you can't import LVL D flightplans, but you can enter them manually.There is a database which appears to be a little old. Nonetheless, 767disp30a does produce a great dispatch package. I used it yesterday and was quite impressed. The contents are quite close to a real world UA 777 dispatch package I have.Hope the author gets an update out very soon. With the 757 on the way, a program like 767 dispatcher for both aircraft would make the 57/67 family my simulator aircraft of choice. Haven't found anything quite like it :).Jim Harnes

Guest JamieG

yepp it works without the database--make sure it is linked to the proper Flight Sim directory. I know that has caused an error with me once or twice--but I get the runtime error too when I try to update--but it works fine wihtout it.It might take 5/10 minutes to get used to --but I like it a lot.

You know the ldsflyingclub.com has the LDS performance manuals. All you need is there and it is as real as the pilots get.

Just for the record, what is being discussed goes far beyond the excellent tables at the Flying Club.Modern dispatcher's union rules, let alone life preserving accuracy, most likely specifiy use of a computer rather than tables, pencil, sliderule/wizwheel, plotter and paper:) If you haven't seen the results produced by 767disp30a, it's worth a look. And if you are familiar with Excel, the paths to the data on your pc can be easily changed and the airport and runway databases will update.Jim Harnes

Guest poschrob

I've set everything as needed but always get an error message that a macro can't be found (when trying to change to another sheet). anyone else experiencing this issue?cheersRob

Haven't experienced that. Presume you have macros enabled. I did find I had to show sheet tabs to navigate the spreadsheet. Menu bar at the top doesn't work for me - get a "spreadsheet by that name is already open" error when using it.Jim Harnes

Guest poschrob

Jim,how do you show sheet tabs? I couldn't find it.Rob