Sign in to follow this  
MartijnPleines

LAGO PHNL Trouble

Great to hear... looking forward to it! ;-)

Sadly I've got to report that the terminal area near the Aloha hanger is still very much up in the air.Are we meant to have your 'flatten' fix in scenery.cfg or not.?

I tried to leave this at Lago however, seems my password has been mailed to me!!!It appears that as well as the new fix (SP1) an uninstall and reinstall may be the order of the day.It seems to have fixed my elevated terminals, incidentally, there is a contributer here that fixes textures flashing, like grass coming through the apron/runway, it's to do with setting the correct elevation, I'm sure he can explain it better - my point is that I think the taxiway that gets washed by waves is suffering that problem.If you look at the position where the ocean ends you can see a distinct right angle of waves as though the taxiway is set lower than the ocean but the textures are being written latter and thus over the ocean - if that makes any sense....NO didn't fix it see below

>It seems to have fixed my elevated terminals, incidentally, >there is a contributer here that fixes textures flashing, >like grass coming through the apron/runway, it's to do with >setting the correct elevation-Sorry, but I can't reproduce your problem, the fix seems to work for many users. The elevation in the scenery is set correct. There was only a problem in the helipad that sometimes creates the elevated surface. But it's not consistent. I, for example, never seen it on my system, so I had to fix it "in the blind" ,trying to guess what could cause the problem to users that experienced it. As a last resort, you could try to use also the flatten switch as suggested before the patch, as an additional measure, to see if it works for you. It shouldn't be necessary, because the scenery already has an embedded flatten switch. The fix just gives to the flatten an higher priority than it was with the initial release, but adding another flatten in the .CFG, shouldn't hurt, if it fixes your problem, as long as you are using the correct elevation, that is 13 feets.>I think the taxiway that gets >washed by waves is suffering that problem. No, this is a completely different problem. Waves are part of the new terrain data format by Microsoft, so there is an embeedded priority for them. I know, more or less, how that format works, but I think it's safer to wait for Microsoft for an official SDK for the terrain, to be sure that an eventual fix would not create more problems than it solves. Right now, it's only a cosmetic issue, that doesn't affect the actual flight.regards,

As a matter of fact, you can see another example of this quite near Honolulu-and the location is an indication that elevation is not a factor in the problem.Just to the west of Honolulu airport, there is an aircraft carrier anchored close to the shore. I'm not sure whether it came with another add-on, but I think it is part of the original FS 2002 scenery as it has been around for as long as I remember.This carrier has waves washing over the flightdeck...I hope those swabbies do like surfing! ;-)

Guest HeavyFan

hey there Mathijs! I got the Fix now the freezes have dissapeared!! Thank's for the Fix coming out early!! Now i can enjoy my Home Airport!! But will you guy's fix the minor problem of some of the Baggage cars and tugs that are in the path of the plane tax-ing to the Gates!! I think the problem is near Gates 28-30? There is a bunch of baggage cars in the path of the plane! Which the engines hit the Baggage cars on the way to these Gates?? The Ai Planes have no problem with them, but I'm afraid if i go through there i will get a object crash?! So if you can look into this and move them more in, it would be great! Thank's alot guy's! MIKE-:)

That carrier, USS Independence, is there by default. I'd love to changes the textures on it though.

virtuali Given That I am the only one with the problem!!! (I bet that doesn't last)and you see visual proof of the problem can you tell me in what order or if it matters where the Honolulu scenery appears in the addon order ie. presently on the list it's at 1. is this correct.I should add I also run Dulles, Newark & KIAD from simflyers with no problems, actually have no problems with anything FS2K2 except.....I'd like to address this issue directly on your forum but since registering yesterday I still have not received a password, is their some problem there also, or is it just me again.?

> Given That I am the only one with the problem!!! (I bet >that doesn't last)and you see visual proof of the problem >can you tell me in what order or if it matters where the >Honolulu scenery appears in the addon order ie. presently on >the list it's at 1. is this correct. no, you are not the only one, but certainly many are not having this problem. I, for example, could not reproduce it, whatever combination of loading flights, selecting airplane or helicopter I could imagine. But I must say I haven't installed anything else apart FS and HNL, because of course this is the only safe way of testing things.Some users get the problem, but only if they select another airport before and then moving to HNL. I repeat, it's not happening here, so it could depend on something else installed. The order of scenery *could* impact, but if HNL it's on top, everything should be ok.>I should add I also run Dulles, Newark & KIAD from simflyers >with no problems, actually have no problems with anything >FS2K2 except..... The elevation problem it's probably releated in some way to the elevated helipad, so I would say that's it's quite unlikely another scenery would have a problem with a feature that it doesn't have. But I must stress that I cannot reproduce the problem here, I'm just trying to guess what could be on what configuration. Maybe it's just an FS bug we just discovered. That would explain why MS put all the helipads on completely flat areas. Have you tried adding the Flatten switch, as was suggested on LAGO web site as a temporary fix, before the patch ? It shouldn't be necessary, but maybe it could help in your case.>I'd like to address this issue directly on your forum but >since registering yesterday I still have not received a >password, is their some problem there also, or is it just me >again.? no, it's their fault, but it's not something that I could help with. Check with Mathjis.regards,

I did try the flatten switch by manually inserting it into scenery.cfg with no improvementAnother clue seems to be that if the flight is originated at PHNL then the scenery is okay if flying into PHNL then it's elevated.Hope you get a fix soon, this spoils an otherwise great addon.

I have exactly the same problem as Morgandj. It is really strange and ruins to an extend an otherwise perfect release by LAGO.Hop theres a fix for it soon.

Same problem here.Flight from KLAX to PHNL.Using 1.01.It _only_ happens when flying inbound PHNL.When starting PHNL, no problems.No other meshes.Just Simflyers' apts. on the mainland.P4-1.9XP ProGF4600756MB RAM- Gideon (EHAM)

This one is really, really weird.-Following te logic that the problem only starts when you fly to or from the airport to work 'sometimes' for me. But not all the time.-The flatten switch seems to have no influence on it (that makes sense because the flatten switch IS already in the BGL).Okay, here is what I do know:-It is a problem with the mesh, somehow it is not loaded correctly sometimes. Little trick that always seem to work if you see the problem... change the terrain mesh density a fraction and see the problem be gone. Any change reloads the mesh and this solves the problem instantly. It's only on the initial load when the mesh is loaded while the scenery is loaded the problem starts.Here is what I think;-It could be a timing issue. As the mesh and the scenery are loaded at the same time a conflict is starting, perhaps because of the speed of the Gmax Code. I do get MUCH higher dataflow between the HD and the system when this scenery is loading compared to other dense scenery.For now the best trick seems to be the changing of the terrain density a fraction. Of course we will fix this issue but for that I need a bit of time because the developper left for a couple of days vacation and I am running out of ideas.Mathijs KokLAGO

There have been problems before with mesh and (freeware) add-ons, Mathijs. These were caused by the 'order' in which scenery (including mesh) was loaded by the scenery.cfg file. Moving the mesh down the order, or better said, making sure it was loaded FIRST, solved some of those problems. These problems apparantly were caused by the time it took the mesh to be processed by the CPU before the texture (scenery) was laid over it... could that be the issue here too? :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_051.htm|Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:www.avsim.com/vfr_center/mainpages/vfr_flights_main_page.htm]VFR Flight Center]"Looking Good Outside"[/td][/tr][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose2.gif[/td][tr][/table]________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online![/bemail: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog