Sign in to follow this  
MartijnPleines

LAGO PHNL Trouble

Indeed Mathijs, it's is weird.I never seen it before and as this scenery is the first all-GMAX, I would not be surprised if it is indeed related to exactly that.Challenges at the Frontier, so to speak :)I will do some more experimenting myself and let you know what I'll find.Thanks for the great work!Cheers,- Gideon (EHAM)

Guest HeavyFan

Yeah I just tried a flight from one of the outer island's to HNL Intl! And after I landed i went to look if i had the same Problem as described in here, and I do!! The Interisland terminal is on a Hill! With AI Planes Crashing into the hill and Dissaperaring! Seems to Only happen when flying into HNL Intl! very Wierd as I don't even remeber a big hill like that in the Default scenery?? Seems somethin g is outa whack here, Hope that you Lago guy's can find this problem! If you guy's fix this then the scenery will be 100% worth it!! But right now it's at 95% because of this one last problem! MIKE-:(

mathijs kok If you and AVISM are happy for this thread to continue here that's cool but can you tell me why you don't want anymore members at the Lago forum, I say this because after 2 requests to different email addresses and now 3 days I still have NO password for your site.morgandj AKA djmorgan

Aloha everyone.I have been following this thread for the past few days. Actually, it was this thread did I find out there was a scenery for PHNL, thank you so much LAGO! So far I haven't had any problems with this scenery, but, I have been able to replicate the problems associated with the other users here who are experiencing them. The problem only happens when I set the visibility to unlimited and from looking at the screenshot from one of the users here, it seems like he was using the unlimited visibility settings, which in my opinion isn't to realistic to use, but thay's just me. Could this be the problem everyone is having or could it be an isolated problem on my part? Hopefully I have shed some light into helping you folks fix the problem.fly safetakamy403 - PHNL

Good catch, for some unknown reason my visibility was set to max I'll knock it back next session and see if there is any difference - thanks for that.

Guest NetBoyz

I'm enjoying Honolulu. Grew up there, and am enthusiastic when I can add great mesh or scenery. PHNL is a nice addition.Haven't got my password to the Lago site yet, have a new question, can I ask it here?I tune ATIS as far out as possible, to plan approach... ATIS indicates Landing & Departing 4R, but when the tower's close enough for me to request landing, tower directs to 8L (ATIS still indicates 4R). By then it's a nasty change to approach 8L. Can the scenery control alignment of the ATIS msg and tower msg?Thanks -- db

I don't think you get your password here, db. ;-)As for the ATC, I believe that is a general problem on all airports in FS2002 and I cannot imagine it can be solved by any software, today. eplacing the default ATC could be a next LAGO project though..... (yeah, wishful thinking is allowed here ;-) ) :-outta Francois :-wave________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

>If you and AVISM are happy for this thread to continue here >that's cool but can you tell me why you don't want anymore >members at the Lago forum, I say this because after 2 >requests to different email addresses and now 3 days I still >have NO password for your site. I know, that's why I'm doing support here at this moment. I am looking into this issue but so far have not recieved any asnwer.Mathijs

>I tune ATIS as far out as possible, to plan approach... ATIS >indicates Landing & Departing 4R, but when the tower's close >enough for me to request landing, tower directs to 8L (ATIS >still indicates 4R). By then it's a nasty change to approach >8L. Can the scenery control alignment of the ATIS msg and >tower msg? I'll have a look at this. It is however not something we have much control over as this is all part of the ATC system of FS2002. Still, it sounds fishy and I'll investigate.Mathijs KokLAGO

It does not appear that the visibility settings has any effect for me, but I can confirm getting to that point and then adjusting texture will put things right.... so Fix please

Guest HeavyFan

needs a Bump! So any Fix for the Elvated Terminlas LAGO?? Since we know now that we half to reload the scenery texture's to get it corrected?? But make the flight unrealistic if we gotta reload the scnery texture's everytime we land at HNL Intl!! Please find a fix! MIKE-:)

To everyone who is having the terminal on the hill problem,Please try this fix. I have Orlando Sotomayor's Island of Oahu terrain mesh installed in my "addon scenery" folder. My addon scenery folder had a layer of 141. With Orlando Sotomayor's mesh scenery, it really brings the hills to life. I then installed Lago's PHNL scenery with a layer of 160 in my scenery cfg file. I have never had this hill problem ever. For whatever reason, one would think that a more detailed mesh might screw up PHNL but in fact, it has given me no problems at all. This also goes with what Francois Dumas has said in an earlier post about scenery layers.

Eric 

Really a 'bump'so are you saying your suggested fix is to edit the scenery.cfg file to reflect a level of 160?

Guest HeavyFan

Yes PLEASE explain more?? So what are we to do?? About this layer 160, etc.... Do we remove the add-on mesh for PHNL?? Or something else!? Please give more info on what to do, so we can get rid of this annoying hill problem!! MIKE-:)

No, no. what I am saying is I have the mesh scenery in my addon scenery folder which is at a layer of 141 and my PHNL scenery is at layer 160. What I meant was to make sure you PHNL scenery has a higher layer number in your scenery cfg file than that mesh scenery does. I just used the numbers of 141 and 160 as an example because that just happens to be what they are in my scenery cfg file.

Eric