Sign in to follow this  
MartijnPleines

LAGO PHNL Trouble

LAGO's PHNL looks great!! However, it keeps crashing my SIM with a 3d.dll error. Anyone else having this problem?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I would say it is the breakthrough in fps versus detail that they promised us. I love it. The built in AI trffic is great especially as PAI is offering nothing for Hawaii so far. It was pretty dead there. And I love those palm trees.No dll probs for me. Thank god.Alex

ChrisNo worries.They`ll have it worked out in a month or two and a few patches later.:)Sound familiar?

Hi Chris,Just drop Mathijs an e-mail and explain your problem. LAGO pride themselves on their customer support. Does that sound familiar? Not to me at least.

Now they can't do that!! We hold the rights to that operating procedure! :-lol

Sorry Ron,but I consider that post as absolutely unfair. Most of the patches have been real improvements rather than problem fixes. The last time I had a problem with a LAGO product, which by the way was caused by a scenery conflict on my rig, they did a great job supporting me for hours until we resolved the problem, which wasn't even caused by LAGO.Alex

And they DO reply to any problem, even in weekends usually. One of the most supportive groups out there in my humble opinion. :-outta Francois :-wave

>And they DO reply to any problem, even in weekends usually. >One of the most supportive groups out there in my humble >opinion. >> :-outta Francois :-wave Agreed!

Not experiencing any crashes. It is beautiful scenery and long overdue that someone would do my home airport justice, even the Aloha 737's taxiing out to 8L from the interisland terminal. I do have a couple artifacts with the scenery though, first, I'm getting waves washing over the taxiway on the north side of the reef runway (8R). This area is dredged, the weather in Honolulu is beautiful today, and the tidal range here is only about 1.5 ft, so I'm not sure why that's happening.Also, the palm trees look great but from some angles are distorted and fractured and some of them have square blue patches around them which look like blocks of the sky. Would be interested to know if anyone else is seeing these. Lago is super so I'm sure if these problems are being seen by others, they'll get fixed. Anyway, thanks Lago for finally doing PHNL justice, it's the 10th busiest US airport at last rating....Chris (PHNL)

hey there Chris! Could you tellm me if they did the Terminals Corrctly in this Add-on?? As I live On Oahu also and would like to know how or if they got this Airport scenery to replicate the real AIrport? As I have been waiting for a HNL Intl add-on for so long I want to know if the airport is like the real one? like placement of the Gates Docks and parking, also if the Interisland terminal is in the right place?? among other things! SO PLEASE let me know form a fellow hawaii resident! Before i purchase this scenry, or post some shots of the areas in the SS Forum Thank's Man MIKE-:)

Mike, As best I can tell, the terminal layout is correct. I've never been able to post a screenshot, but there are some of them already in the SS forum. They have the interisland terminal done fairly well, including the Hawaiian and Aloha hangars and the international terminal. It's not 100% perfect, but I'd recommend the scenery. The only things I've found so far that I am bringing to Lago's attention are that I get waves washing over the mauka side taxiway on the reef runway at the western end, and the interisland terminal is set on a hill that isn't there which makes the gates about 60 off the ground. I don't have any Hawaii terrain mesh, so I'm not sure why this is happening, but there is definitely an elevation discrep somewhere. I'm confident that Lago will fix it, however. If you live here and fly in and out a lot in FS, I'd recommend the scenery.chris (PHNL)

>I do have a couple artifacts with the scenery though, first, >I'm getting waves washing over the taxiway on the north side>of the reef runway (8R).Unfortunatly there seems to be no way to move (or remove) the waves from the default position. We even had to move some parts of the scenry a few feet to reduce this problem. Although we will keep looking at the problem we see no immediate cure.>Also, the palm trees look great but from some angles are >distorted and fractured and some of them have square blue >patches around them which look like blocks of the sky. That's a new one for me. Can you send me a shot? and some details on your graphics pipe?Mathijs

>LAGO's PHNL looks great!! However, it keeps crashing my SIM >with a 3d.dll error. Anyone else having this problem? Not as far as I know Chris. Of course that does not mean we shouldn't help you fix the problem. I am probably going to release a new build this afternoon as there were a couple of other small issues to fix (some untextured buildings we decided to texture after all, some fixes to the manual).Can you give me more details on the problem? Is there a special location it happens? We might have a problem at the crossing of taxi A and L, is the problem located there?Mathijs KokLAGO

Thank's for the Info Chris!! And I do fly alot out of HNL in FS2002!! So I may just pick this scenery up!! Do you know if i can purchase this scenery by mail?? As I do not have any credit card's, but i can get a postal money order to send?? Or is there somone i can contact about this?? Thanks again for the Info Chris! MIKE-:)

I'm having a few problems with it, none of your magnitude tho :) Ground textures disappear when viewed from from higher altitudes, so it's hard to position the plane at the gates. The highways don't get rendered fully, so I'm stuck with a piece of it literally hanging in the air. The AI planes get confused and get stuck on the taxiways every now and then. Looks like this will need a fair bit of patching.I was also wondering whether gates were supposed to be moving or whether they're fixed, cause when I parked my 767 where it "technically" was supposed to be, it was a long way from the apron.

>interisland terminal is set on a hill that isn't there which >makes the gates about 60 off the ground. I don't have any >Hawaii terrain mesh, so I'm not sure why this is happening, >but there is definitely an elevation discrep somewhere. I'm >confident that Lago will fix it, however. I just did a clean install of FS2002 and Honolulu and I still can not recreate this problem... If only I would understand computers:-)But if you add this:Flatten.0=13,N21 19.90,W157 55.22,N21 19.92,W157 55.57,N21 20.17,W157 55.52,N21 20.13,W157 55.30flatten it will solve that problem. Could you send me your scenery.cfg file so I can see what could becausing problems?Mathijs@lagoonline.com

>Thank's for the Info Chris!! And I do fly alot out of HNL in >FS2002!! So I may just pick this scenery up!! Do you know if >i can purchase this scenery by mail?? As I do not have any >credit card's, but i can get a postal money order to send?? >Or is there somone i can contact about this?? Thanks again >for the Info Chris! MIKE-:) I'm sorry, Mike but to keep our stuff priced so low we have to keep the order chain very simple and that means we only do credit cards. But check out simmarket.com, they also sell our scenery and they do have some alternative payment methods.Mathijs KokLAGO

>Ground textures disappear when viewed from from >higher altitudes, so it's hard to position the plane at the >gates. The highways don't get rendered fully, so I'm stuck >with a piece of it literally hanging in the air. That seems like your graphics system is overloaded. Using Gmax you end up with a lot of small details (but few textures) and it might very well be that you have not seen this problem before on other scenery. The problem however is not seen in our test and not since the release so I do think we need to look for something on your system that is different from other systems. Let's start with a check on DirectX and graphics drivers.>planes get confused and get stuck on the taxiways every now >and then. Mmmm... I wonder what that could be. It is a standard AI file, nothing special there. It seems like your system is loosing track on some items. Could it be that your system is slow or low on memory?> Looks like this will need a fair bit of patching. All our software gets patched a lot. We do our share of testing but there is always stuff that is found afterwards. And even when nothing is found we ALWAYS create at least one patch that adds some stuff customers would like to see.>I was also wondering whether gates were supposed to be >moving or whether they're fixed, cause when I parked my 767 >where it "technically" was supposed to be, it was a long way >from the apron. No, we did not include much of that. It really eats up memory and we really wanted this scenery to be as fast as possible.Mathijs KokLAGO

We found a taxisign that caused trouble and that 'could' cause the problems you decribe. The first confimed bug on this scenery:-) I'll wait until this evening before releasing new files, to see if we can add some other stuff requested by others. We have already textured some buildings that we left untextured before in this version.Mathijs

I have just finished loading and looking around by the Bell helicopter, I noticed the waves washing the taxiway but no artifacts or other issues mentioned here, maybe my high end system handles it better.Love the Gmax and look forward to more like it especially when compared to the latest offerings from SimFlyers (Dulles) which I also have, Honolulu is so smooth, I have even added in international flights about another 25 flightplans without frame loss.A nice interface and installer package, a well done from me.

>>Also, the palm trees look great but from some angles are >>distorted and fractured and some of them have square blue >>patches around them which look like blocks of the sky. >>That's a new one for me. Can you send me a shot? and some >details on your graphics pipe? I just had another idea... it's probably the setting Aircraft Texture Size. I can recreate your problem if I set it to anything under High. But at any setting under High a lot of FS look like it has been washed to many times. We never understood why FS2002 has this setting labeled so obviously wrong as this setting influences almost all textures, certainly not alone those on aircrafts.Think this will solve your issue.Mathijs

>Love the Gmax and look forward to more like it especially >when compared to the latest offerings from SimFlyers >(Dulles) which I also have, Honolulu is so smooth, I have >even added in international flights about another 25 >flightplans without frame loss. Gmax is magic and it is the future of FS, that's for sure. If I have to make a guess I would say that in Fs2004 only Gmax objects will be loadable. Be sure to share that additional traffic, Morgan. Many people will be able to increase the traffic on this airport without getting into single digit framerates.>A nice interface and installer package, a well done from me. Ah.. finally somebody sees the hours I spend on the installers :-) This one was complex due to the AI traffic stuff but with the help of Lee Swordy (that guy deserves a statue on Meigs) we got it done and we were only released 11 hours after we promised we would.Mathijs

Hey, thanks for the reply. It's a GF4 Ti4600 with the latest official drivers, so I doubt it's getting overloaded :) Other than that quirk, the scenery is quite good, very fast.