Sign in to follow this  
MartijnPleines

LAGO PHNL Trouble

>Well, I don't like the disappearing taxiway and surface >lines, it really makes it hard to navigate the airport, at >least for me. I guess there is no easy way to re-enable >them, is there? If you know how to use an hexadecimal editor, there is an easy way: just edit the byte at address A8 of the file hnl_surflines.bgl ( 168 decimal ), that should read 28 hexadecimal ( 40 decimal, = 40 meters ), to put another value. Something around 80 hex ( 128 meters ) should be enough for any spot plane view.I'm not confident putting this into an official patch, because it's really a matter of individual tastes and habits. If one doesn't use the spot plane view to taxi, 40 meters it's more than enough for any possibile height of the airplane cockpit.regards,

Worked a treat! Thank you very much :)I agree, don't put it in the official patch, it does drive down the framerates quite a bit, while it's still more than acceptible on my monster of a system, I'm sure for people with lesser setups it would be quite a hit. Nevertheless, you've just made me a very happy man confident of money well spent. I'll be flying to Honolulu much more often now. Thanks again :)

Although I do like to see taxiways from some way off (even if that does eat up some frames/sec), I certainly prefer your approach (with the lights gradually appearing some distance away) at PHNL to the one used by simflyers (KIAD) , where taxiways are switching on section by section.

Yep... right around there towards the center of the coverage area.

>Although I do like to see taxiways from some way off (even >if that does eat up some frames/sec), I certainly prefer >your approach (with the lights gradually appearing some >distance away) at PHNL to the one used by simflyers (KIAD) , >where taxiways are switching on section by section. But keep the comments coming gentlemen, we make these product to suit you. Not us...Mathijs

Mathijs great job my thing is just with the textuers i would love to see more stuff textuerd its my frist lago product and you guys have some great support ;)but please textuere most of the stuff since i see too many buildings untextuerd thanks

To give you an example... landing on RWY 8L about half way down the runway the sim freezes and then closes... it does this with all the sliders between 90-100% and with any aircraft.

>Mathijs great job my thing is just with the textuers i would >love to see more stuff textuerd its my frist lago product >and you guys have some great support ;)but please textuere >most of the stuff since i see too many buildings untextuerd Support is a large part of what we sell Dragon!I just got the BGL files that texture all buildings, we lost about 0.1 in framerate on our benchtest so the effect is not a great as I feared.However, I'm off to cremate some poor lamb on the bbq so it'll be morning (Zulu time) before I will release those files. Really need some R&R now. Beer, some music... Forget about Flightsim... Ahhh bliss...Mathijs KokLAGO

Yep!!!.....I just got a g3d.dll error and the sim crashed. Hope there is a solution!!!Matt

>To give you an example... landing on RWY 8L about half way >down the runway the sim freezes and then closes... it does >this with all the sliders between 90-100% and with any >aircraft. Don't worry, we found that bug already, it was a single taxiway sign with a problem ( there are 686 in this scenery ), it's already fixed in the next upcoming patch, available soon.regards,

And by the way... it did happen halfway down rwy 8L...After landingMatt

OK, Mathijs, some more comments...I really like PHNL. It looks gorgeous even with some buildings not fully textured-the military base looks a bit unfinished-but most of the textures that are there look very good-I'm looking forward to the patch with extra textures. It also looks very good at night-important for those beautiful Hawaiian starry nights!I think some of the objects should start to appear a bit further off in the distance, but I'm running a fairly quick system; I can understand the trade off for slower PCs. Then again, perhaps an option in the menu or in a cfg file might make this customizable?Nice to see cars moving about, but (unlike Emma Field) they have their lights off at night-now I know that you're going to say that this is to conserve frame rate-granted, but I'd hate having to explain that one to a police officer! :-lolThere are also a lot of trees and shrubs growing in the road near the terminal building-looks alright from a distance though.Overall, I'm very happy with Honolulu-and these issues are minor ones really. I've been collecting other Hawaii scenery and meshes for some time so this area is really beginning to look wonderful, and PHNL really adds the icing on the cake!Edit: Nice to have all the facilities & traffic configuration included automatically during install!Regards, Martijn

Mathijs,Hello. I just found an area that is not quite flattened enough. On taxiway "A" somewhere between where it entersects taxiways "A1" and "A4" (Believe it is somewhere around the A2 intersection. The nose wheel goes down and it causes the plane to crash and resetting the flight! Tried it twice with same results. Only way to get from terminal to 8R is to cross 8L down by the terminal and use B taxiway. RB taxiway also has some bumps leading out to 8R but they don't cause the plane to crash. Hopefully you guys can fix that big one on A. Thanks

Eric 

Guest HeavyFan

Yup I just got this Scenery for my Home airport a couplke hours ago!! And all i can say is Awesome Work Lago!! This is a pretty close to real representation of my home airport!!! I love it! But I also get the crash with runway 8L! the g3d.Gll error! So I can't really enjoy the scnery yet, as it keeps freezing on me when i try to taxi out from the terminals!! So I hope the fix comes soon!! Also there are some Baggage cars and tug in the way of taxi-ing to the gate, it's like on the apron still yet! So i hope you guy's can also fix this to make sure all the Baggage cars and Tugs are out of the way of the path to the Gate's!! other than that I love the Work!! MIKE-:)

Okay, we just released Service Pack 1 and we updated all online version to version 1.01. Here is the relevant information from the Readme. Just let me know if there is more to fix, we are here and we are ready.Mathijs---------------------------Honolulu INTL release 1.01 / August 17 2002.HISTORY:- 1.00 Release August 17th 2002- 1.01 Release August 19th 2002. Taxisign causing lockup near Rwy 8L fixed. Changed flatten command to solve helicopter landing problem and unwanted hills. Added textures to all buildings. Added cars (and added lights to them). Added rotating light to radar taxiway RG. Fixed highway that was not connected. Minor changes to the manual.---------------------------------------IMPORTANT INFORMATION:- If you have the Aircraft Texture Size to any below High you will have some problems with sometextures (for example the moving trees).---------------------------------------KNOWN LIMITATIONS: - The PDF formatted manuals do not open correctlywhen started from the 'LAGO | Honolulu' menu. Thiscan be solved by using the SAME menu item a secondtime. It seems this problem is mostly seen on Windows XP machines.- The waves effect can be seen over the taxiways insome locations. This would be cool in storms but itactually is a bug we can not fix. As far as we knowthere is no way to move (or remove) the locationsof the default waves.--------------------------------------- TIPS: - If you use SLEW mode to check out the airport stay under 90' AGL as many objects (taxisigns, lines etc) are not drawn if the viewpoint is higher than 90 feet.