Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Squakbox start problem.

I am unable to start the squakbox.Yesterday for the first time.. I setup everything and ran.. I was able to connect via the Squakbox. It took a while to connect... It was in the search thingi for a while... and then I got the Squakbox meny within the FSim9.today.. I have been unable get this thing going.. So I tried to say cancel to come back and enter the IP 127.0.0.1 in the IP address box..But I get the following error pop up.."Squakbox.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program. an error log is being created."When I tried to rerun the squakbox program with the IP address of 127.0.0.1. it still gives me the same error pop up..hmm.. this is frustration. BTW.. where do I find this log file..and what is the name of it.. Can't they atleast print some parts of the name.. so I can search for it.. Jeez.Any help?thanks.Manny....:(

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

From your other posts it looks like you have visited the PRC so I am surprised you are having problems.There is no mention in your post about SBRelay, you do realise that you need this to connect FS9 to VATSIM, don't you?

Vulcan,Its kind of funny... I am able to get in most times now... Occasionally I am not able to.. So its not that bad anymore.But I still have the issue of I am unable to other aircrafts around me..but they are able to see me.Hmmm...

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I use FS2002. and have over 580 hours logged on Vatsim. Since I upgraded to Windows XP I have been having an issue where SB will always, on the first load up of the day, close and come up with the send/no send error. I then go back to FS2002, click on SBhost box a couple of times then retry SB, and it comes up ok. A bit wierd. but works... This sounds a little similar.

This may be that problem with the UPnP bug in XP. It's not really a Microsoft bug, just messes us up when we want to fly. Track down the chocolateware site that has SBRelay. In the facts there is all the info on how to disable this feature. I had this same issue with SBRelay, however, I had a double whammy. Had to disable it in my router and in XP.ChuckCYXU