Sign in to follow this  

Lagos Scenery enhancer, screens

I bought scenery enhancer by Lago a few days ago. I am addicted!!These shots show some of the nice things you can do with FSSE. One thing I have been very happy about is the frame rates. I use airport 2.6 and Nova's object designer to do custom macros for my airports. I'm not into 100% realism, but I try to make the layout and buildings very authentic, then go for a pleasing effect, not always rooted in reality. This scenery is my version of Bennington,VT. It uses the Airport 2.6 scenery program for the airport layout and placement of buildings, runways, and exclude areas. Also the aircraft on the ramp are api's from the net, along with a few other things. Some Nova objects are also used. What FSSE is GREAT for, especially at larger airports, is the little detail touches like vehicles and support equipment. It also has buildings and hangars, but here I wanted my own buildings to be more realistic. All the people and equipment, lights, vegetation, and some vehicles are from FSSE. One thing I have been very happy with is the vegetation. While they don't match perfectly I think it adds immensely to the scenery and I have noticed a significant improvement to frame rates, over using api's from Airport and also Gerrish Gray's wonderful tree library. If I had put this many trees in using airport alone, it would really bog down the frames. As it is Im only a few below my target of 25 at this point. I'm posting the screens due to a lot of queries about what FSSE does and wanted to share, enjoy! I highly recommend this program as a great investment if you enjoy FS.http://www.flightsimmers.net/airport/hornit/ben.jpghttp://www.flightsimmers.net/airport/hornit/ben1.jpghttp://www.flightsimmers.net/airport/hornit/ben2.jpghttp://www.flightsimmers.net/airport/hornit/ben3.jpg

Looks really nice buddy! Isn't that FSSE nice? Big difference in the way that scenery looked like before! There will be more improvements coming soon from my understanding. I have also written them and expressed a small "wish" list and Mathijs liked it. Hopefully they will be a part of the next version. Soundscape is another winner. Want that scenery to come alive, add sounds. Reality is approaching fast!Don

Wow, thanks for the compliment Don, means a lot hearing it from you :) I am hoping for a few things in the SP3 release too, but I like the blending of FSSE and the other programs, it really lends a whole lot more realism at this point. I have Emma field and have to agree about the sound stuff also, a great enhancement.Hornit

Wooo Hoo Another VT scenery!!!!!!! are you going to upload it or maybe could you send me the scenery files and Lago file for Bennington???I really need to get off my Butt and finish up Morrisville VT (KMVL)too.Brian

I probably wont upload it, its a meshing of about 3 programs and I think 3 or 4 texture sets. If you have VOD, All the Nova textures, APT2.X textures, plus Lago, then most of it might work. Also a few of my apis dont work great at night, dont fly alot at night unless its with the heavies so i dont mind. Also its not seasonal, looks fine in summer and spring, but Lago trees are only one color! Same with the polygon bitmap for the airfield. Im not into testing it for all this stuff if you know what i mean. If you have all the above crap and dont mind just e-mail me at campisij@bellsouth.net and if Im not too lazy i'll work up a zip file to send :)Hornit

A couple of quick things....#1 most important thing, make sure you have the latest version of Airport installed it seems to get upgraded every couple of weeks or so. the current build # is 155 you can get it at http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/airportsupport/Airport under "tools" lets you export the scenery with all the nessesary textures.all you need to do then is move the textures to to a "texture folder.. then the *.bgl files to a scenery folder and zip it up. Then just include the *.scn file from the Lago folder. For the trees, install Gerrish Greys new tree textures (available here at Avsim) and your number of Autogen trees will increase signifigantly and you will need fewer FSSE trees. And there is a way to assign seasonal textures to ground polys. (I'm still figuring this out myself :-) )Keep at it.. it looks good.. I'll post a shot of my Morrisville/Stowe State airport scenery later todayBrian

I am using build 152 I think, It seems I stick with one for a while becuase in the past if you upgraded you had to redo the whole thing as it wasnt compatible with the older versions, this still true? I have Gerrishs tree library installed but I stil get the trees to go away due to the polygon issue sometimes so I have to use the add ons. Also I dont run with full autogen settings, only dense usually. Lagos trees are soooo much faster(performance and laborwise), although i do like Gerrish's trees also. I knew about the scenery export thing so i may give it a try. A lot of times the seasonal texture issue is due to the fact that I dont have a bitmap for every season and not sure exactly how to do that at this point. It took me almost a month to finish this scenery as it was, I hated doing trees until now with Lago its so much faster. What I would like is a better pine tree or two with Lago to match the default/Gerrish's textures. I am working on the mdl-bgl program and think i have succesfully done a few gliders, have to test it out tonight. Im doing Bar Harbor Me. right now, I get faster each time I try this. Only took me about two and a half hours to get everything placed and eliminate the default scenery. Almst ready for Lago at this point. :) I'm really enjoying this. I will try out the exporter for Bennington and see what I get.Hornit

Man...I really gotta go buy that. I had been planning on it, buthadnt up to now. You know how i like to create content...am afraid I'll be addicted too! :-)Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

It really adds that extra bit of life to the scenery. I may even go for the soundscape stuff now also, a lawnmower and a few birds in here would be great! Its really easy to use also.Hornit

Guest daves0

I bought the sound package couple of days ago...Was sitting at pakt (ketchican), on the ramp...added some crickits...it was dark by the way...pretty cool :)Plus I think you can add your own sound...they are WAV files...someone has a site with quite a few sounds, plus Lago just hooked up with a pro sound company to make more

Hey, guys - I feel pretty dumb with this question but that sort of thing hasn't stopped me yet :-)). Anyway, I registered (and paid for)a copy of FSSE ahead of having actually downloaded it - but then I can't get the actual download to happen. I have no trouble finding the LAGO site page for FSSE and I see a Download button there, but when I click on it, all I get is a small EULA window, the size of which is fixed on my screen. By moving the mouse around inside the window, I can view the text of the EULA. However, if I look at the source HTML for the EULA window, I see also a choice at the bottom of the EULA saying I Agree/Disagree but I'll be darned if I can get that choice to show up so I can click on it. Any suggestions?Stan V.

Guest daves0

hmmmm.Yes, there is an Agree/not agree button on the bottom....You said you could move the mouse inside the box...did you actually try to drag the text/mouse all the way to the bottom??? Is it possito change your screen res to maybe making the box bigger? Sounds dumb..but maybe :)