Sign in to follow this  
dnunes

The best panel for FS2002

I have been downloading and testing several panels over the last week and have not found anything spectacular yet. In your opinion guys, what is you favourite panel? Or the panel you mostly fly with in FS2002?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Dreamfleet ArcherII & Cardinal 177RealAir Marchetti SF260Flight1 Cessna 421Night flight -- FSD Cheyenne with backlit gaugesAll payware, and all include VC panels also.

Wilco's PIC 767 panel is, by far, my most favorite (and accurate) panel for FS2K2. It's only downfall is the lack of a virtual cockpit. It's just awesome.

Haven't found a spectacular panel?? There are definitely some out there. #1 (IMHO) would be Bill Grabowski's ERJ panel (FREE) and close behind, the PSS Airbus panels.

Hi you all,Best is the DC3 panel for the R4D by Bill Rambow.The new panel in the G-max model with the VC will be even better.Good second is the DC-2 Uiver panel. I fly it most of the time. No jets for me ;-).http://www.avsim.com/hangar/flight/dc2uive...iew_Cockpit.jpg http://www.avsim.com/hangar/flight/dc2uive..._On%20Final.jpghttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/flight/dc2uiver/twa.gif No DC3 without a DC2;-)Cheers, Rob CappersVisit http://www.avsim.com/hangar/flight/dc2uiver/index.htm

If you are downloading freeware panels then clearly Grabowski's ERJ-145 got to be the best. It won the Bravo-Zulu award. I am not aware of any better freeware panel.Michael J.

Don't forget Richard Probst's freeware 727 panel...The best payware panels for FS2002 are:767PICAnything Dreamfleet makesPSS AirbusSome really nice looking upcoming stuff:Captain Sim 727PMDG 737NG and Jetstream 41A320PICPSS Dash 8

Oh sorry....;-)Ofcourse the B727 panel is a freeware masterpiece aswell..And I think that djmarius mean freeware panels. :-rollStaffan

And if you are into regional turboprops with incredible detail ... and for FREE yet,Alexei Frolov's excellent Dash 8 Q300 andEspen

I just made my first post in the screenshots forum called DF734, FSMeteo and PAI...You can have a look at the DreamFleet panel, which is truly excellent. There is a complete 360 degree cockpit (not VC)plus a cabin view and wing views - all very high quality, . Keep in mind that a chunk of the main panel view is cut off the right side. Also, obviously, the graphics are much sharper.What I like the most about DF's panel is that you can see out the left side window as you fly. Too many panels I've seen have a myopic view. I can't stand being boxed in. Furthermore, the panel is extremely functional and it has an excellent FMC to boot.I've had it for months and still fly it regularly. It is payware, but the best, IMHO, I've seen. If you buy it you likely won't regret it.AdamP.S. I would have made a direct link to it...but I'm a complete computer illiterate. *:-*

Thanks for tips. Looks like Bill's ERJ panel and 767 pilot in command seems to havethe most votes. I'll take a look at these. I might also take a look at DreamFleet's work.

Are you also an fsnav flightplanner freak like me? Well the PSS and the Dreamfleet FMC's will interface with that flightplanner more or less automatically. I'm not sure if wilco's PIC FMC will or not. If that's of any importance to you. :)Maybe someone who has all these airliners and FSNAV can comment here?Another thought:The size of the airliner and how complicated to operate the panel might be factors. The PSS A320 and DF 737 being very roughly the same size and range and smaller then the PIC 727, maybe the DF being a bit more complicatd then the PSS, and they tell me the PIC has an even more complicated panel.I ownly own the DF one, myself.== WHK ==

Hi,Pauls panels are also great. But the panels mentioned in this thread are working more or less as the real ones. With an autopilot which is programmed separately (non FS2002). This means that the autopilot works as close as possible to the real thing. ;-)Paul is a panel bitmap master, with a great feeling for graphic rendering. :-)Happy contrailing, :-waveStaffan AhlbergFreeware Flight GroupStockholm/Sweden/ESSA

Did you all forget the PSS 777 panel V2, the only Boeing panel for FS2002 yet that incorporates its very own electronic checklist for making the panel usage easier? Yet I'm actually having trouble with accessing the FS2002 Flightplan page in the FMC.... Does anyone else have this problem?? :-hmmmCheers,

My Favorites (all freeware): Bill Grabowski's ERJ-145 PanelFrolov Oleksiy - Dash 8 PanelI hear the new Dash 7 has quite a decent panel too.

1:dash 7v1/c1 by milton shupe2:crjpnlv2 by leon seale3:767 pic.that's it... :-)Tom van der Elst

Thank you thank you thank you...I as I scrolled down this thread I kept saying...where is Paul Goldings name?....this guys DC-9, B707, BAC 111 panels are among the most amazing freeware panels I have seen.This guy and Richard Probst and Paul Grabowski are guru's in the panel shop. and freeware!Eric

I've just installed DF 737 and I can say that I'm really impressed.Unfortunattely i run it on a 15' flat monitor .Ralph Tofflemire 747 panel is also impressive .Waiting for the Wilco 737-700 VC .RegardsAminet.

PSS Airbus. The accuracy is amazing.RossNottingham, England :-wave

Hi,As far as I know, Paul never did any DC-9 panel, but well MD-80. :-rollThere is only one DC-9 panel worth downloading, and that is Stellan Hilmerby

Hi StaffanAbout the dc-8-54 panel. Is it "HJG_DC-8-50_Panel_Files.zip" you mean? I am trying to download it, but can't see any specific dc-8-54 panels.RegardsHenrik KorningBGGH