Hi,Here are some common FS2004 issues and what you can do to fix it..1) Flickering in 2D panel or blank screen/crash: Turn OFF render to texture in FS display settings (this is documented, please read FSUIPC and wxRE documentation). Also, TURN OFF Anti-Aliasing within FS - this is a known problem, it does not work (you can enable AA via your graphics card properties or tweak tool).2) Flickering clouds at distance: Make your 3D cloud percentage 100% (this is documented, please read FSUIPC and wxRE documentation).3) Thunderstorm, rain or TCU/CB layer problems: Update wxRE to 1.91 (beta now available at top of forum).4) Weather not changing properly, winds not correct, etc: Turn OFF DYNAMIC weather within FS (World, Weather). Update to the latest FSUIPC v3.05 (www.schiratti.com/dowson.html).Please feel free to add to this thread for any other common issues/answers.. Thanks all!-Damian[table border=0" cellspacing="30" cellpadding="0][tr][td align = "left"]Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyThe next-generation weather environment simulation for FS2002!http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky[/td][td]http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg][/td][/tr][/table://http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/ima...[/tr][/table

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Dear Damian!I am not understand! Where is it? "4) Weather not changing properly, winds not correct, etc: Turn OFF DYNAMIC weather within FS (World, Weather)" Why? My FS2004 is Version Germany! Please show you Screenshot of Display!Thanks...!Sebastian

Sebastian,Run FS and go to where you can set a weather theme. Below the theme list are 3 radio buttons, then a 'Customize weather' button. Below that is a line that says 'Dynamic weather' (don't know what that is in German :-) ) and below that is a slider labeled 'Rate of change:Medium'. That slider controls the dynamic weather changes and to turn off dynamic weather just move that slider all the way to the left so that you see 'Rate of change:None' above it.HTH

I have done exactly as you have sayd here, and i still have problems with the weather update :(.....Looks like almost every time i get to my destination it will not update the weather there at all !Will there be a fix for this ?Stian

Hi Stian,Make sure you are using "Update METAR on New Station" when using FORCE mode to ensure that other options you may have enabled will not interfere with the final update to the new station weather.Hope that helps!-Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hi and yes it's on "update Metar on New Station".And i'm not using force mode.....I have now downloaded the version 1.91 beta 6.., i will try to fly with that one tomorrow...CheersStian

Guest draky

Hi Damien, I have a couple of comments:-I have flickering clouds in the distance and have increased the 3D %age to 100 but still have this problem.Turning OFF the AA in FS9 and turning it ON in my Nvidia control panel made the scenery look pretty awful. I then turned the Nvidia panel setting to "software control" and turned it ON in FS9 and got a great result. It would therefore seem that on my setup the AA is working in FS9 (all be it the card driver panel is set to the software control).Hope this helps someone out.Dave - Perth WA

Hi - It would help if you posted your system specs.Thanx,Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest draky

Whoops sorry - here goes on the specs:-P4 1.3GHz640MB DDR RAM40GB HDNvidia GeForce3 Ti 500 drivers by Nvidia v45.23WindowsXP Home EditionDirectX 9.0b17" flat screen monitor SyncMaster 171sRunning FS9 in 1280x1024 resFSUIPC - registered copy of latest edition (3.06 I think)Active Sky v1.91(beta6)Dave