Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

ActiveSky on XP Proffessional Network

Sharing Program Files:Open My computer -> Tools menu -> Folder OptionsView Tab -> Uncheck last item (Use Simple File Sharing) -> OKNow right click in the desired folder -> Sharing and SecurityGo to Security tab, click Add and type in the "enter the object names..."field:EVERYONEclick OKselect the new created group (everyone) and turn on Full Controlclick OKDone, you should open the folder via network now.It works for documents and settings and program files in winXPI hope this helps,Ulisses

Hi Andrew,I have only just seen this post, and in fact only just updated to V1.91 becasue I use that 'other' weather program a lot :-)I run a similar set up to you, 2 PCs, WinXP Pro and Widefs and after a bit of playing around got rid of the error msg in ActiveSky.Do as Damian suggests and copy the FS9weather folder over to the PC running ActiveSky. Delete the 'clouds' & 'themes' folder and, if you like, delete the files that ActiveSky does not need.From your above post it looks like you have done that and put it in C:FS9Data and put that path in ActiveSky, so all that looks good.I think all you need to do now is set security for that folder because until I did that I still got the error msg.Right click on the fs9Data folder and select 'properties' and then the 'security' tab.Under the top window click on the 'ADD' button and in the window that pops up type 'everyone' (without the quotes).That group will now appear highlighted in the top window and the bottom window will contain a number of empty check boxes.Tick the box, under the 'Allow' column, next to 'Read', OK out of there and Ac should work a treat.HTH

Thanks for the tip. I will give it a try. I will "be back" if I cannot get it to work.Regards,Andrew.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I appears to have worked. I have just completed a flight using FS2004 write option enabled. Tracked the weather data via WeatherSet2 and all was OK. This is a great forum for help and I appreciate you assistance on this. I was just about to give up AS.Regards,Andrew. :-) :-)

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg