Sign in to follow this  
Guest garyhall2530

*** AS2004 MR2 B115 Public Beta now available

Damian,No WideFS here, just a single machine.That's incredibly awesome news on the visibility - if it works, you guys are gonna have a lot of new customers, the way haze layers just disapear while climbing etc is one of my biggest pet peeves with FS9 - it just totally kills the realistic effect you get from the reduced visibility...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest luckyluca

Hello,I don't use widefs and prefer downloading the weather once and use it offline. Could you give me a tip on how to set both AS2004mr2beta and fsuipc 330?This is what I've done:install fsuipc330 (registered)install mr2betaset fsuipc minimum weather.set as2004 normal default.NOW:what other options is best to set on both as2004 and fsuipc?for instance is it better to use all the fsuipc smoothing options and random turbolence and ice inside clouds? and how about the technical page?thanks for your help.Luca

Hi,For Offline use set system time Off and set the time in FS to the time of your weather file.Smoothing up to you. If AS is to your liking then off in FSUIPC.AS will give you turbulence and icing if the options are checked On.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest luckyluca

>For Offline use set system time Off and set the time in FS to>the time of your weather file.Is there a way to use an old saved weather file for today's flight?I don't care if the weather is not up to date as long as it works.:)>AS will give you turbulence and icing if the options are>checked On.Do you mean that the fsuipc options 'random turbolence in clouds' and 'random icing in clouds' are pointless because as2004 does already simulate turbolence and icing (with prevent icing off)?how would you set the fsuipc technical page for best results?Also are the minimum/maximum as2004 visibility values overwritten if visibility smoothing is off and fsuipc relative options on?thanks for your help!Luca

Many thanks for the hard work, guys.I still have problems with temperature.Here in YBBN, the current metar from Airservices Australia is as follows: TTF METAR YBBN 140000Z 22011KT 9999 FEW030 19/08 Q1021 RMK RF00.0/000.0 SMOKE NOSIGActivesky, however, seems to think that it is like this:YBBN 220100Z 01008KT CAVOK 38/24 Q1003 RMK RF00.0/000.0 NOSIGIt is the middle of winter here, and whilst we did have some days in Feb where it was over 40C (yuk), I can tell you that 19/08 is the correct temp.Not doing too many derated thrust take-offs at the moment, and my initial roc's are pretty poor!!!I've patched to 1.2 and have fsuipc 3.30.regards,Jeff Hunter

Jeff Hunter

Hi Jeff,Please check your options and see if Online Updates is checked ON. Your AS METAR is very old and looks to be a part of an Offline file dated the 22nd. It could be December 22nd, your summer. I just pulled up YBBN and got the correct METAR so it is not a server problem. Please write us back!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Thank you thank you.I just did as suggested - problem solved. Sorry to have troubled you.Great support!!!!regards,Jeff

Jeff Hunter

With earlier versions of AS2004 online updates didn't seem to be set by default - could be why there have been a lot of posts related to old data. However the MR2 B115 appears to have fixed this.Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest allenthayer

Well, I was 1.5 hours in to a flight from kabq to phnl @ fl370 in my pmdg 738 when fs9 crashed on me, the error report said that it was caused by weather.dll. Any ideas?Allen ThayerReal KABQ V1.4Asus P4P800 DeluxeP4 2.4ghz 800 FSB1 gig Corsair DDRATI All in Wonder 9700 ProSB Audigy 2 ZS160 Gig SATA HDComcast cable Modem

Guest nausea

Today it happend again... Just on very short final (200 ft) the wind changed 360 degrees.x( I was hoping with the new beta I wouldn't have this again...