Sign in to follow this  

Thanks Jim!I'll give that a try and report!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Hello Jim!It worked!Thanks!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Guest robl

Hi Jim, Thanks for your reply. I think my problem stems from the version of fsuipc that comes with the beta. My pss aircraft don't seem compatible for some reason. If I reinstall the pss aircraft using the version of fsuipc that come with that install and I use activesky 1.0 I have no probs. If I use the fsuipc that come with the beta version of activesky, I get the compatablity error with the pss aircraft not with pmdg a/cAny further comments/ ideas would be greatregards Rob

Hi Rob,Did you re-install the PSS plane according to the response in the PSS forum? No other reports there, none here, and none from the private testing team. I suggest you leave the FSUIPC version alone. Maybe there is a problem that hasn't surfaced yet!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Think I found a bug in either AS2004.5(142) or FSUIPC.I have checked a lot of metars around the world and its all the same for some reason. If metar reports less than 2000m visibility the visibility in FS will be less than 200m. I havent checked if this also aplies to metars reporting visibility in statute miles.As a note I have tried all I could think of. Minumum weather default in fsuipc, clear all weather in fsuipc, normal defaults in AS and several settings combinating in the options.RegardsJT

Try any metar right now, that is reporting vis. in meters.Currently standing at EHAM though...

After jumping around the world some for a while now I think its only for metars reporting vis. in meters. All metars that have reported in statute miles have been correct. If I go to an airfield where metar is reporting vis. in meters and its less than 2000m the vis. will be 0.1sm(161m)(found using WeatherSet2).RegardsJT

Think I found the problem here. In FS there are two stations, one called KSJU and one called TJSJ. Both are really close to eachother at the same airport. Obviously KSJU is an error because that station do not exist.Hope this clear up any confusion.JT

Hi JT,Thanks for the info on this.. will investigate and report back...

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest robl

Hi Jim, I did follow yhour advice and re-installed the pss plane with apparantly no problem until I retry the fsuipc version with the beta version then the compatablity prob but I'm not convinced that this is actually causing any problems/faults. I think I will try and run the two (pss/beta) together for a while and see what happens.I have another question about the pss which I will post on the other forum site regards Rob

Guest allenthayer

I can not get the weather to show properly, even msfs real wether shows up better tha as142 can you help me please, I have tried everything I can think of.this is the weather....KABQ 190256Z 24009KT 10SM -RA SCT080 OVC100 19/13 A3011 RMK AO2 SLP116 P0000 60000 T01940133 53016and this is what I get with msfs real weather..http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/91566.jpgAnd these are with AS 2004.5 142..http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/91567.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/91568.jpgAS ini....//AS2004.5 configuration file Build 142[General]WindowPosX = 975WindowPosY = 405DefaultWeatherFolder = C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9ModulesActiveSky2004SuppressionCeiling = 4000SurfaceWindLimit = 10CloudLayerLimit = 5LocalSuppressionRange = 100MinimumVisibility = 0MaximumVisibility = 59LastPlanFolder = D:Flight Simulator FilesIncreasedWake = FalseDisableWindsAloft = FalseForceTstormsWithCB = FalseAutoConvertPlanFiles = TrueForceDestinationWeatherZone = FalsePreventIcing = TrueOnlineUpdates = TrueExtendedDestinationWindsForce = FalseGlobalWrites = FalseDepictFS9HazeLayer = TrueDisableDirectWindControl = FalseVoicePlayback = TrueLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = TrueDisableGroundUpdates = FalseUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = TrueIgnoreFSReadyStatus = FalseFSUIPCWindSmoothing = TrueLimitSurfaceWinds = FalseLimitCloudLayers = TrueAutoGlobalWriteToggle = TrueRainWithTS = TrueDisableUpperLayerGeneration = FalseVisibilitySmoothing = TrueDisableMessages = FalseAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 10VATSIMData = FalseZuluConversion = 0AloftPredictability = 100WindDriftRate = 0TAFProcessing = FalseEnforceVisibilityLimits = TrueWakeTurb = TrueStartPaused = FalseUseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONEfsuipc ini...[General]History=4QS6CP41LVT989XG9RJ3EWindSmoothing=YesAutoTaxiWind=NoWhiteMessages=NoThrottleSyncAll=NoGraduatedVisibility=NoLowerVisAltitude=6000UpperVisAltitude=25000UpperVisibility=6000GenerateCirrus=NoWindShearSharp=NoUpperWindGusts=YesExtendMetarMaxVis=NoPatchSimApAlt=NoDisconnTrimForAP=NoAutoClearWeather=YesExtendTopWind=NoWindSmoothness=5SmoothPressure=NoPressureSmoothness=5SmoothVisibility=YesVisibilitySmoothness=2MaxSurfaceWind=0WindLimitLevel=200WindDiscardLevel=400WindAjustAltitude=NoWindAjustAltitudeBy=2000MinimumVisibility=0MaximumVisibilityFewClouds=0MaximumVisibility=0MaximumVisibilityOvercast=0MaximumVisibilityRainy=0OneCloudLayer=NoThinClouds=NoThinThunderClouds=NoCloudThinness=1000ThunderCloudThinness=10000CloudTurbulence=NoCloudIcing=NoWindTurbulence=NoSuppressAllGusts=NoExternalOptionControl=YesAutoTuneADF=NoKeepFS98CloudCover=NoShowPMcontrols=NoMagicBattery=YesRudderSpikeRemoval=NoElevatorSpikeRemoval=NoAileronSpikeRemoval=NoReversedElevatorTrim=NoTrapUserInterrupt=YesNavFreq50KHz=NoClockSync=NoSmoothIAS=YesSetVisUpperAlt=NoVisUpperAltLimit=6000MaxIce=-4WindSmoothingDelay=0WindSmoothAirborneOnly=NoVisSmoothingDelay=0VisSmoothAirborneOnly=NoSuppressCloudTurbulence=NoSuppressWindTurbulence=NoSpoilerIncrement=512ShortAircraftNameOk=NoTCASid=FlightTCASrange=40TrafficScanPerFrame=10AxisCalibration=NoCentredDialogue=NoClearWeatherDynamics=YesOwnWeatherChanges=NoFixWindows=NoFixControlAccel=NoWeatherReadInterval=4MoveBGLvariables=YesMainMenu=&ModulesSubMenu=&FSUIPC ...[JoystickCalibration]FlapsSetControl=0ReverserControl=66292MaxThrottleForReverser=0AileronTrimControl=0RudderTrimControl=0CowlFlaps1Control=0CowlFlaps2Control=0CowlFlaps3Control=0CowlFlaps4Control=0SlopeAileron=0SlopeElevator=0SlopeRudder=0Please help me,Allen Thayer

Guest allenthayer

Jim,Still the same, I've cleared all weather and made sure clear skies is selected in the themes and then started AS.AllenAsus P4P800 DeluxeP4C 2.4ghz1 gig Corsair XMS DDRATI All in Wonder 9700 ProSB Audigy 2 ZS160 Gig SATA HDComcast cable ModemMSFS2004Ultimate Traffic 2004Active Skies 2004 build 142FSUIPC 3.+ (Registered)FSBuild 2.1FS Flight Keeperhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Hi Allen,Most strange. One more suggestion: Lock your frame rate to around 15 and see if the cloud layers get drawn correctly. If resources become too low, FS starts to drop details, and cloud layers are one of the first to go.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg