Sign in to follow this  
Damian Clark

*New B174 AS2004.5 Final Release Candidate Now Available

EDIT: New B174 available, this is a RELEASE CANDIDATE scheduled to go official in the next couple days.Hi everyone!A new beta build is available! This is a BETA update and should be used at your own risk. Before installing, please backup your system and retain the original AS2004 installation package in case you need to re-install or revert to a previous version.You must have any version of AS2004 or AS2004.5 installed to run this update.Download: http://www.hifisim.com/AS20045-Update2.zipRevision history is detailed below. Please report any bugs/comments/questions with B172/B173/B174 here on this thread. This update is scheduled to "go official" this week if no significant problems are encountered.Best,-Damian------Update 2004.5 Beta Version (Build 174)

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest Murf

Thank you Damian! Especially for working on the SPECI METAR problem.

When I went from 163 to this build I seem to notice sig drag on system resources and a lot of stuttering. I went back to 163 and it seemed to go back to old smooth way. Anyone else notice this? I don't think it was my imagination. Just tried it out today.I could try it again if no else notices this.I deactivate the Active radar dll so that is not the issue.Thanks,Greg

Greg Clark

Hi Greg,It is possible that problems in B163 could have prevented proper depiction of the full weather-scape, and thus why performance may be lower given certain wx conditions. It could also be another problem, although nothing was changed (intentionally) which would effect system performance. Did you also downgrade back to the older FSUIPC when you went back to B163? Any other changes at the time of AS update? Thanks!

Damian Clark

Damian,When I reverted back to 163 I left [unregistered]FSUIPC version 3.45 in place. Because it appears one cannot undo updates, I uninstalled everything, then reinstalled the original AS 200045 and updated it to 163. Everything else remained unchanged [same options], and the stuttering was with a fairly complex situation, but even with unlimited levels I have done quite well in the past.Damian, because Active Radar does cause sig stuttdering, instead of renaming the .dll to disable the program, can I just uninstall it cleanly from the control panel? It does have its own entry.I might be tempted at some point to try it again. Would you recommend uninstalling or just updating 163 to 172 like I did before?ThanksGreg

Greg Clark

HiIt created 2 activesky wx engine icons on my desktop??? this is from b172 to b173. Please confirm why this may have happened. When activeradar comes up upon installation it is safe to cancel out of it and will not interfere with the installation of the new build right? Should the routine click of normal defaults always be done at the begining of a new build?Thank you!!

well the new icon says AS 2004.5 wx engine and the old is as2004.5 weather engine. So different names will give me a new icon instead of overwriting the old one.Do i need to reinstall or just delete the icon (older one).

I tried build 173 in the same weather, and am not now convinced there is any significant increase in resources, so I will stick with the newest build. I may have forgotten to rename the activeradar.dll and that may have led to the stutters.Seems to look even better than before, amazing realism!Greg

Greg Clark

As the icon is just a shortcut to the real executable it is safe to delete the old one. If you reinstall all you will get is the icon back again.

AVSimSig.jpg

Thanks for the feedback... The icon/program group problem is fixed. Official release is pending...Thanks all for your help testing and reporting!Best,

Damian Clark