Sign in to follow this  
Guest monsoon

On the edge of giving up

Guest monsoon

Yep got directx 9.0c

I'd double check EVERY setting in your bios and your video driver. Did you completely remove all hte vid drivers and reinstall? Also. sometimnes a reinstall sets various defaults that you might not like.Check if your acceleration is on/off. Fast writes enabled/disabled - Write combining on/off.My system is a P4 3.4 in an Intel 915GAV mobo2G pc3200 ram and PX6800 TDH video card w/ 256 ramLocked at 30fps - get that most of the time.In heavy Tstorms it drops to about 19fps. This is using some of DreamFleet a/c which are quite detailed.Your system and card should handle it fine - it's not ASV nor FS9 NOR your hardware - *something* is corruptedcheck this site - www.tweakguides.comThey have detailed info on driver settings for ATi & nVidia.Good luck!VicVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

What do you get with the LDS 767/PMDG 737 VC airborne using the Wx configurator low overcast template?Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

HI, "Wx configurator low overcast template?The low overcast template using 4/5 layer of 8/8 overcast, it is normal that's you will see dense fps drop. You can create your own metar by editing the entries.Here the saved flight can test it with fs2004 without asv.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/120040.zipAS will give you the option to reduce the clouds layers in real weather for constant frame rate, as well with clouds resolution.You will have to notice, fs2004 weather engine for some situation will degrade your frame if you are using fs2004 at max,high resolution, full video cards setting + all dense addons installed.ThanksChris WillisHiFi Simulation Software Team Developerhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Thanks Chris. For the record I am not impying that ASV (or AS 4.5 for that matter) of itself degrades performance. For a time I did think this but after extensive testing I am satisfied that is simply the fact that multiple overcast cloud layers plus other FS settings at better than 50% plus high end 3rd party aircraft (such as the LDS 767 in VC mode) will severely degrade the performance of any system and all the tweaking in the world will only change this at the margins. If someone has a magic solution out there so that fps NEVER EVER drops below 20 with this type of scenario as some claim I am only too willing to listen and learn.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest 320MAD

Hi guys,Look I fly the piper meridian by f1 a lot and with asv 4x aa 8x af I nail 25fps (locked at 27) most of the time and I can post screenshots if you like... the only time that I have had trouble is when the weather in AS5 is updating (please give us the throttling back again Damian). I don't use the latest drivers and I have gone back to Catalyst 5.1 again. The problem is not the weather (I must admit AS5 and any other version impacts frames but not to that extent) it's the aircraft and their 1240 x 1240 textures that screw things up (in the vc). That is the reason I fly GA most of the time cause they seem to be better on frames... PMDG is a killer and 767 too even the ATR72... In a way this is a money pit hobby and even the days killer specs don't give off much more frames...Most of us go and look at reviews and think wow 75fps!!!! I wish my pc could do that... Well any 3ghz+ pc with a gig of ram and anything = or bettar than an ATI x800 will do this. Err... given honkong at dusk presaved as it is in FS. You see the benchmarkers don't test with the addons we use like AS5, aircraft, airports, meshes etc. So the only way that I have found to get killer fps is to run fs2002 all maxed out and stuff on todays specs... get 100fps most of the time :) but are we willing to do this??? Looks like any hobby you gotta put a tonne of cash into... My last one was RC cars... hmmm figures quoted in my currency x 3.2 to get usd.Car Lm 450Remote Lm 300Engines Lm 55 a pop about 5 for races...Batteries Lm 45 a pop you need about 8 for races...Tyres Lm 20 a set (they go often)Baring set Lm 75Clutches Lm 50That is the cost of a high end system and that's only to start off with. Then you crash and break stuff and parts wear out etc... so any hobby you do is expensive... You just gotta stick to it...