Sign in to follow this  
Damian Clark

XEngine termination during data population

Guest janjoensson

Hello again!I use F-secure Anti virus, fire wall and anti-spy ware.I must say that you answer fast! Thanks for that!Best regardsJan J

Guest janjoensson

Hi!When I installed both .NET and FSX SP1 and even ASX (or other software) I always set the anti-virus to off. I can however try to have it off a few flights as well.The strange thing is that this problem occurs very randomly. For example, I have just made an hour-long flight without any problems (and magnificant thunder and lightnings over Riga Intl airport - EVRA at take off). So it's very strange.I will try and see if the anti-virus program has anything to do with this problem. Thanks!Good night (well it's midnight here anyway, don't know where you live)Best regardsJan J

Guest Dragonlick

Hi,I have always unloaded my anti-virus software before running, just have Windows firewall going, so I don't think that will help much. I will try re-installing .NET 2.0 SP1 etc. Thanks.Rob

Guest Dragonlick

Hello all...Well, I am hoping this is good news for those of us having problems...I un-installed .NET 2.0 SP1 ...JUST the SP1 and did a 500 mile trip from KTUS to KSEE. I had zero problems. Could it be that the .net service pack is at fault??? I wonder if Jon and any others want to try this as well. Also, I ran with ASX minimized to the tray for most of the flight cuz I didn't want to tempt fate, but I don't think that was any of the problem.I am going to start a very long flight across the U.S. and see what happens. BTW, ASX is wonderful when it works so hoping that solves this particular problem.Please post here if you do try this. Just un-install .NET SP1 and I would recommend to re-boot after. Let's see what happens...Cheers!Rob

Guest janjoensson

Hi!Still the same problem, although it does occur very randomly. I have managed three hour long flights, and then suddenly the problem was back and had to start FSX all over again (this time very anoying because I was coming close to approach in this particular flight...)Best regardsJan

Guest Dragonlick

Jan, have you tried doing what I did yet?Rob

Guest janjoensson

Hello Rob and everyone else!Thanks for your suggestion!However, no, I have not tried to just uninstall the .NET 2 SP1, but I have uninstalled and reinstalled both .NET and FSX SP1 as instructed, but the problem is still there. The reason I don't want to uninstall the SP1 of .NET 2 is that it is a security update and strongly recommended by Microsoft, so I want to keep it.I think that there should be some kind of work-around for this problem. And I find it very strange that it occurs so very randomly, sometimes it can pass hours without any problems, and sometimes FSX crash after a few minutes.The inactivation of anti-virus did not have any effect.Any other suggestions? It's a bit sad that such a good program is almost impossible to use, because you never know when the .NET-problem will strike next time... ;)Best regardsJan J

Guest Dragonlick

Hello all,Well, I now have a difficult delema. It seems that when running photo-scenery (at least on my machine) that FSX does not like to update the scenery very well as I fly. I was told on another forum that FSX SP1 is at fault, and YES after hours of testing, I'm afraid they are right. If I remove FSX SP1, my scenerys all work great, but now I can not use ASX since it refuses to work without SP1.Any suggestions? and just when it seemed I was getting a handle on things!Jan, I was just hoping to see if your problem would disappear without .net sp1. I would not recommend running that way as a permanent solution. Seem this is not been Microsoft's best year for service packs!!!Rob

Guest VOZSean

I'm getting the same issue,however mine just hangs whilst it does the "Populating weather stream with new data" part.Will free up about every 10-15 seconds for about 2-3 seconds and hangs again.Finally gets to the end and my PC frees up and I'm away flying... However if I click the Update WX Button, It redownloads the WX and the hanging starts again..This + the Wind Shifts... *sigh*Sean

F.Y.I ASX is running fine with NET 3.0

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guest VOZSean

I installed Net 3.0 and still have the pausing issue.

>Hi Jan,>>Let's try a reinstall of .NET with the anti-virus off and then>leave it off for a few flights.>>Thanks,>Jim>>http://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpg>http://www.hifisim.com/Hey Jim, sorry to tag onto an old thread, but was searching for an answer myself, and this seemed the closest.I am also getting the 'outofrange' error all of a sudden. This has only happened while flying to CYYT (St Johns Newfoundland) and again today flying to LPPD (Joao Paulo) from CYYT.FSX with SP2.Per the above post,I removed .net 2.0 and .net 3.0, then uninstalled SP1 and SP2, then reinstalled both .net 2.0 and 3.0, and reinstalled and SP1 and SP2.I am using ESET Nod32 AV, and have never had a problem with it before. I also and made sure it was allowing the 'Xengine' full privileges.Any ideas?EDIT: And oh, BTW, I restarted ASX just now after the crash, and am running it without my flight plan installed, so far so good, but I also did this last night and it did crash again....I finally resorted to the default FSX weather engine. Furthermore, it only crashed today after bringing up the ASX radar today...last evening I was not using the radar.