Sign in to follow this  
Damian Clark

XEngine termination during data population

Hi everyone,greetings from germany. First of all I want to say thank you to theHifi-Team. You've done an great job, really. I've just bought AS6.5 for my FSX and was really p**** of to pay another 60 bucks. But now I can say it is a new product and it is worth the money!!!But I have still problems with data-population here. The progressbar run nearly up to the point where the "c" from the word complete (sentece above) is.I mean: "Please wait while the initial weather process is complete.Than it ends: XEngine has a problem.....Do you still have problems or is it my system?Kind regards.Tom

Tilt!! You said no need to uninstall/reinstall on message #13 in this thread, then you say for the exact same problem that caused this topic to start in the first place that you may have to uninstall/reinstall on message #33. I have the exact same problem from 4 days ago where it terminates during data population and causes a windows error report. What do I need to do???? It is NOT fixed for some of us.

Guest wteapot

Ok, i just had this error happen to me.Possible workaround for the time being.I loaded up Flight Sim XWent into Free FlightPicked a random airport (anything different to what i last used)Clicked on Fly NowThen i loaded up Active Sky XIt loaded in the new set of data relevant to the game. No error message.Just thought i'd share. I love this addon for Flight SimToday in the Uk, we've had heavy showers and thunderstorms, so i went off on a test flight. I was using the Shift+5 shortcut to see where the heavy showers were, and had fun flying through them. Awesome

Hi,When things are working for everyone, then a reinstall may be needed, due to a local bad file.When things are down for everyone, then a reinstall will not fix anything. I need to be careful and not make blanket statements. Everyone else must realize that sometimes I am replying to individual situations that might not be the same for everyone. That is what happens when we run a thread with so many multiples!Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Actually after posting my last message about an hour ago the third time I tried it worked, BUT, about the third time it updated in flight it did it again and it locked up FSX on my other computer.

Guest janjoensson

Hello!I am new to Active Sky and am now the proud owner of the ASX/XGraphics bundle. How ever I have not been able to use it, since I have this problem, which I don't know if it has something to do with the problem ypu discuss here.I have tried to reinstall, but the problem is still there.After I load ASX it got through the initialization process without any problems. Then I start FSX as normal and start a free flight (from EKCH or ESSA).I can see the weather (which by the way looks great) but after just a few minutes or seconds FSX crash due to problems with the ASX weather engine.In the ASX log it says:"Problem recieving SimConnect data: Exception from HRESULT: OxC000013C (Error) Source ="Can something be done, or is this the same problem as everyone else has?Best regardsJan J

Well mine is still working fine for anyone who is interested so it must be some local problems.A question for the peeps with trouble,, Are you loading up before or after starting FSX?I load mine before running FSX

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guest janjoensson

Hello!Thank you for your answer!Now, this may seem like a stupid question, but I don't know how to uninstall SP1 for FSX. I can't find it if I look in "Add and remove programs".I would be very greatful for a short instruction.Best regards!Jan J

Guest janjoensson

Hello!Thank you for your answer!I managed to uninstall and then reinstall SP1. Now this seems to have solved some of the problems so now I can fly for more minutes, but FSX still chrash after a while.Now I get an error message "Fatal error" saying something with "msvcr80.dll".Best regards!Jan J

Guest janjoensson

Hello again!After re-installing SP1 and repairing .NET 2.0 the problems seem to be something of the past. At least I hope so!I must say that this is an awesome add-on for FSX. I have never seen such magnificant skies ever. I can even look out the window and see the same weather in the simulator. Fantastic!I can recommend both ASX and XGraphics to everyone using FSX. Thanks to HiFi-sim for making this program!Best regardsJan J