Sign in to follow this  
01pewterz28

Simflyer Scenery

I downloaded Simflyer's KPHL scenery and installed it as a demo. I know that those big cubes are supposed to be there in the demo, but are the runways supposed to be missing too? Also, is there any way to get rid of those ugly rows of flat trees and the fake Philadelphia skyline? This is the first Simflyers scenery I've tried and I must say I'm a little disappointed. I guess I'm spoiled by some of the freeware sceneries, like those of Shehryar Ansari and Craig & Steve Mosher, to be asked to pay for something that is obviously inferior.ThanksRay

The runways are usually missing with their demo's, because they are afraid people will just use their product with the cubes still there. As for that particular scenery you are using, is made for fs2000. I believe everything made from KLAX to EDDF are made for fs2002. They are very high quality. I have messed around with the KPHL demo before and have to admit that the skyline is horrible. Hope this helps.

It's too bad that when the KPHL scenery was made FS2k2 compliant that they didn't change the flat trees and that ugly skyline. I guess I won't be forking out $16.00 for it.

In the demo the runways are not available (textures)We offer a fix to remove the skyline from both PHL and MCO :)PHL was designed for FS2k we offered FREE patches for FS2002 we could have re-built them for FS2002 but we would have had to charge for them.Johnualfan@msn.com

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

Guest Lobaeux4

I had to respond to this one:The KPHL simflyers scenery is actually quite good. I was impressed when I bought it. Other than a slight decrease in frame rates, I've got to say that it's very good. I wouldn't hesitate purchasing it, or better yet, get the world airports version. I would've except it doesn't come in a download, only by snailmail.Lobaeux on holiday!

Guest Fortress

Hi John, I found the skyline fix for MCO in the Simflyers forum (thanks!), but couldn't spot the fix for PHL. Any clues as to where?Cheers,Paulhttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/sbird.jpgOfficially licenced by British Airways plc for use of name and logo

Yes, I did a search on the Simflyers support forum and couldn't find anything that mentioned the KPHL skyline. Where is it??Ray

I'll be waiting for the answer to this myself but that skyline and trees are awful. I think the airport scenery is excellent though.Andrew

Guest flightpro08

The PHL skyline fix was lost when the forum crashed I will look for it and post it again.Johnjohn@simflyers.net

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.