Sign in to follow this  

strange-video card performance answer?

Holy #####, What the heck did that do? It's like I'm turbo charged. Talk about smooth. Is it me or did my AC reflections just come to life?I'm running a Geforce4 440mx. Is this too good to be true? I'm waiting for the sim to crash. Will let you know what happens.Tim

Ok, If im running WIN98 what might my line look like??? Just curious as I might try this too.;----------------------------------------------------------------------; NVIDIA Drivers on Win2K/XP;----------------------------------------------------------------------[nv4_disp.dll]Disable=1[nv4_disp.dll.1]MinDriverRev=5.13.01.1241Disable=2Edit update: Ok Mine had no line in it for 9x/ME or my GF like yours so Im off to try it!! One question though, I just used one of the other lines for the format, should I leave the stuff underneath about {nvdispl.dll etc out of this and just use the top line?? You didnt elaborate on that part.Hornit

Guest nutmeat

I just tried this with my TI4600; didn't change any sliders. Did a few touch & go in the default Cessna 182 and the FPS seemed to stay pretty constant at 20.8 (Locked at 21). Don't quite know why this should be but I need to try a few other A/C in different situations to really be sure there's this effect. Weird, but great if true!!Larry ShinnP.S. BTW, the hardware display still read as the TI4600 but initially came up in 800x600 mode so I know the CF9.cfg change did something.

I tried this, seems to help a little.I am wondering did I need to change an entry in the Display.CFG File Geof?I have the same card as you and I changed the thing in FS9.CFG to DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA Drivers on Win2K/XPIs that all I was suppose to do... Or did I miss somthing?

Guest Grey_Wolf

WhoHoo! thanks Geofa! No real improvements in FPS, but 400% smoother, even with the GPS on the second moniter. NO STUTTERS

I don't want to jump the gun here, but I think this find is big news. I mean the like you said, it's night and day. Everybody do some more testing on this. I have a midrange system but this is like FS on Steroids, or maybe it's what I was suppose to get all along. I have been having crash problems with my Geforce4 440mx and I'm hoping this is the cure. I just did an approach to KSTL and I was getting 20fps and smooth. I use to get single digits on approach. I'm going to do a long flight now and cross my fingers it doesn't crash. I'll keep you posted.Tim

Arggg, I'm still getting crashes. This card has got to go.Tim

Guest kilo_sierra17

OMG! I went from getting around 8-10 FPS at Miami with the POSKY 747 and now I am getting 14+, I have my frames locked at 16 and it often sits at 15.9 FPS! Thank you Geofa!!EDIT: Some settings got adjusted to lower levels when I did that change, after putting them back to where I wanted them, I now get 12-14 with the default and rarely peak at the full 16, but still a massive improvement and I am stutter free!!

Guest kilo_sierra17

Mine was always as Bilinear and I had stutters, now changing the FS9.cfg it is stutter free!

Hi, I want to give this a go but cant find the fs9.cfg file. Where should it be cause it is not where i think it should be.

Guest nutmeat

Here's some more input! Just tried a flight out of KBFI in Seattle. Flew North, then over to the MS campus; did a 180 and headed down to Seatac, then further to Tacoma (nice to see MS included the Narrows bridge!!!).On takeoff and departure, FPS stayed up at 20.8 (locked at 21FPS); Even out side views of downtown Seattle, frames stayed at 20.7-20.8 and everything very smooth. Only when I did the 180 and looked to the side did the frames drop to around 16 but still smooth. At 3000' over Seatac, did not notice any frame drop. The sim was building some clouds as I neared Tacoma but the FPS stayed above 18. Landed at KBFI on a smooth approach all the way in; only when on the ground with all of the taxi signs did the FPS go to about 13 but the taxi stayed smooth. Even using the GPS does not seem to affect the framerates any more :-).My autogen is set to "Very Dense" AI traffic is 50%, other sliders except clouds at max. Also, I'm using the FSGenesis Land Class and mesh for this area. Flight was done in the Carenado Cessna 210.This find is terrific!! How did you ever come onto this setting?Athlon 2000XP, TI4600, 1Gb DDR PC2700 Ram, 2 80Gb Hard Drives one on SCSI, the other on USB 2.0 external; Full complement GoFlight hardware and CH Yoke and Rudder Pedals, all on USB. Total USB addresses = about 28; no conflicts. Using the sim without CD4 in the drive via a virtual CDROM...no cracks!Larry Shinn

Guest Vulcho

I'm sorry, I'm a little lost.I too have a GF4200."I then changed the entry in fs9.cfg to:DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA Drivers on Win2K/XP"So what exactly am I changing?fromDISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA Drivers on Win2K/XPtoDISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA 45.23(my GF drivers are the 45.23)If not, could you clarify?