Sign in to follow this  
Guest christianholmes

Saitek Flight Yoke

I've got the Saitek (and the Ch Products before that) mounted on a keyboard drawer as well. Of course those drawers come in various sizes. Mine is quite large.Randall

Are the throttle lever knobs removable and interchangeable like on our CH TQ? In other words, if I gang two Saitek throttles together, can I have 4 black knobs in the middle for a 747 quadrant?FWIW, on paper, the knobs look almost identical to the CH version.Thanks for the info.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest DanWalloch

>Are the throttle lever knobs removable and interchangeable>like on our CH TQ? In other words, if I gang two Saitek>throttles together, can I have 4 black knobs in the middle for>a 747 quadrant?>>FWIW, on paper, the knobs look almost identical to the CH>version.>>Thanks for the info.You sure can. Each throttle quad comes with duplicate knobs so you can create what ever engine combination you'd like.

Guest Keith Sebastian

Randall - Thanks a lot for posting the dimensions. 14.5 inches sounds perfect.Cheers,Keith

Hello!This thingy rocks...!!But... if you by the yoke + throttle package (which is a MUST because if you buy only the yoke you have no throttle control at all...)do you also get duplicate levers for the throttle quadrant there? so I caan either fly a single engine prop with THROT+PROP+MIX, a twin jet with ENG1+ENG2+??? (flaps and spoilers already "performed" by home-made controller). Anyway noone tells me i can't set the levers to do that without changing the handles...thanks in advance...http://www.mario.wspilots.com/signature_forum.gifhttp://www.mariopilot.6x.to

signature.jpg

Guest LSflyguy

Randall, If I could trouble you for one additional dimension, could you tell me how high the yoke "housing" sits above the surface of the desktop? Specifically, what I'm wondering is whether I could put my Allsop monitor stand above the yoke assembly. I'd need about 4.5 inches of vertical clearance to make it work. Also, I've seen photos of the throttle assembly positioned in two different ways: (1) clamped onto the top of the desk; and (2) clamped in such a way that the throttles protrude toward you from the front edge of the desktop. Can you tell me if the throttles can be positioned in either fashion? (See the left-most photo in the link below for a rough idea of option 2): http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/quad.htmThanks! - Lee

3 1/2" is height of yoke.Yes, it looks like there is a couple of ways you can position the quad.Randall

If you gang a dual SAITEK throttle quad and assign the first four levers to engines, for e.g., will the levers still work normally for 1,2, and 3 engine jets and props thereafter or do you have to reprogram the whole thing? My CH throttle quad is set up so the first four levers all have black knobs and handle 1-4 engines in this manner and with no special reprogramming required. JS

Guest LSflyguy

Thanks very much, Randall! Looks like this will be a perfect fit underneath my monitor stand. Sounds like a great product overall. Thanks again, - Lee