Sign in to follow this  
Guest firehawk44

New WHQL Driver Out for all NVIDIA GPU's

Hello Ulf,I am running pretty near the settings you are except that I have ansiotropic filtering enabled in FSX and these drivers as I perceive FSX, pretty much wipe out the shimmers.What is your perception?--Bob

I tried the new driver in Vista 32 and it seems to stutter at times, compared 169.25?

Guest UlfB

Bob,As I said in a previous post in this thread: nHancer not needed any more. No shimmering in FSX.Ulf BCore2Duo X6800 3.3GHz4GB RAM Corsair XMS2-8500C5BFG 8800GTX, Creative SB X-FiFSX Acc/SP2, Vista 32

But definitely needed for me in FS9.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

I installed the new driver last night, and although much better in FSX 'native', I finally installed nHancer again, and the quality is much better than without. Perhaps the best I've ever had with the same settings. FR's seem similar if not the same, but I have not actually flown with them yet under 'real weather' conditions, etc.Regardless, the general quality of the imagery is perhaps the best thus far.

Guest SuperFortress

>Rhett and Ray,>>Please let me know about your view on shimmering in FSX with>these new drivers.>>I have set the checkbox for Anti-aliasing in the FSX settings>and filtering to Trilinear.>>In the nVIDIA control panel I have set:>>Anisotropic filtering: Application-controlled>AA-gamma correction: On>AA-mode: Enhance application setting>AA - Setting: 8xQ>AA - Transparency: Off>Conformant texture clamp: Use hardware>Error reporting: Off>Extension limit: Off>Force mipmaps: Off>Max pre-rendered frames: 3>Multi-display: Multiple display performance mode (I've got 2>monitors)>Texture filtering - Anisotropic sample opt: Off>Texture filtering - Neg LOD bias: Clamp>Texture filtering - Quality: Quality>Texture filtering - Trilinear opt: On>Threaded opt: On>Triple buffering: On>Vertical sync: Force onCan you please tell me what do you have AUTOGEN and TRAFFIC set to?Thank you.

Guest UlfB

Why do you wanna now?Autogen, depending on if I fly IFR over dense areas or VFR over rural areas, between normal and very dense.AI often set to 30%, but flying VFR over rural areas i often set a lot higher.Ulf BCore2Duo X6800 3.3GHz4GB RAM Corsair XMS2-8500C5BFG 8800GTX, Creative SB X-FiFSX Acc/SP2, Vista 32

I tested 175.19's last night, and with identical settings to what I was running with the 169's, the water/sun glint shimmering was much, much worse.I will be forced to use nHancer to try to ameliorate this situation.It's so bad, that it looks as if AA is not being applied to the water at all.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest UlfB

Rhett,Do you use DX10 preview in FSX? I use DX9, but I tested with DX10 preview and got a lot of shimmering. Might explain why we so different results with same drivers on the 8800GTX cards.Ulf BCore2Duo X6800 3.3GHz4GB RAM Corsair XMS2-8500C5BFG 8800GTX, Creative SB X-FiFSX Acc/SP2, Vista 32

I notice all those reporting big improvements in 175.19 are running Vista and maybe DX10.I've not noticed any improvements at all with my DX9 / XP SP3 system.I'm not surprised I'm not seeing any improvements. It seems more logical the drivers would be tweaked for DX10 and Vista rather than my ageing OS.Ho hum...

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Well I'll be trying these drivers sometime soon too. Will have to inform you how it goes.Oh and you guys know that nhancer is just a gui interface to the nvidia control panel right? Once you have all your settings changed and set right you shouldn't even have to have nhancer running or start it when machine bootsPaul.

Ray,I am running DX9 and have seen improvements in performance. I do notice the black box light problem more than before though. Another intersting thing I have noticed is that if I set the control panel to let the application decide for the driver settings I notice a more fluid sim. It is so much so I am willing to take the small, very small hit in graphics quality for more fluid motions. I also have been able to crank up my AI much higher than before with the new driver. I use Ultimate traffic.

Jim Wenham

Paul,Yes, nHancer interface can be closed after setting your preferences but the service continues to run. That's why nHancer has no Apply or Save option. The chosen settings are retained by the service.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

My test only involved some slewing around London City airport. I haven't flown with the new drivers.And my reports are with FSX. Just to make that clear. :-)To be honest frame rates are more important than any changes in visuals for me. I use MyTrafficX which has more efficient Ai aircraft than those used by UT.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

No, I'm using DX9. Same settings to what I was using, too.And these are shimmering like crazy. I am going to have to put nHancer onto it, then see what I can do.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB