Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MarkW

New Hardware now problems

Due to a computer hardware problem I have had to change my MB and Video Card. I have just installed a MSI P45 Neo-F MB and a 8800GT video card.I now seem to have random freezing of the computer. Strangely when I am running a program like FS or VRC and using the mouse or keyboard, the computer seems to run for hours. Even with FS alone and no input I am yet to see a feeze but when I leave Windows idle with no main program running it does freeze after some period of time.I have run procmon and it froze while on a task for the video card. All drivers are up to date (with exception of the chipset/bios which I think is up to date but not 100% sure). I am being told by the guy who installed the hardware that this is a windows problem and I will likely have to reinstall XP.Any ideas? Mark.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

A problem with entering sleep mode? Try it with computer put to sleep "never".ArtBiostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX(SP1-SP2), Audigy SE sound, Vista Home Premium 32 bit, CH Yoke & Pedals, 22" WS LCD monitor

>this is a windows problem and I will likely have to reinstall>XP.Why wasn

>A problem with entering sleep mode? Try it with computer put>to sleep "never".It is already set to never.

>>this is a windows problem and I will likely have to>reinstall>>XP.>>Why wasn

>Because the hardware was changed by a computer store and no>one advised me to reinstall the OS. >>>Mark.Look for a different computer store next time. Regards, Kendall#1: E8500 @ 3.95 - HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Ballistix Tracers PC6400 EVGA 8800GT - XG's 174.74 Seagate 250GB 7200.11 CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 - X800XT Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

So I guess you are saying an OS reinstall is an absolute necessity?

>Because the hardware was changed by a computer store and no>one advised me to reinstall the OS. It only came up once>problems surfaced.Mark,The reason why I asked is I build and upgrade computers as a side business and would never do hardware upgrade that did not include a fresh OS with the latest updates and drivers. Whoever did the install should have known better. ASUS RAMPAGE FORMULA (Intel X48 chipset) BIOS 408Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 w/Thermalright Ultra-120 ExtremeOCZ Titanium XTC 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)EVGA GTX 280 FTW (177.92 Drivers)Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB (RAID 0) - Vista Ultimate 64 Bit/SP1SILVERSTONE 1200Watt DASILVERSTONE TJ09-BASUS Rampage ExtremeIntel Core 2 Quad Q9650 w/Thermalright True Black Ultra-120 eXtremeOCZ Intel Extreme Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)ATI 4870X2 Catalyst 8.8Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB (RAID 0) - Vista Ultimate 64 Bit/SP1LIAN LI PC-A70BPC Power & Cooling T1KWSR 1000W

Well as a last resort before a complete reinstall I was reading a site that suggest a repair install of XP and reinstalling the service packs and all drivers. Here is the link.http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/moving_xp.htmlThis is a major drag...the amount of work I put in to get FS9 and FSX just to the place I want them was immense and having to repeat it is daunting.Mark.

>Well as a last resort before a complete reinstall I was>reading a site that suggest a repair install of XP and>reinstalling the service packs and all drivers. Mark,The best way is to do a complete/full reformat, anything less is just going to be a botched OS.