Sign in to follow this  
byork

New 737 Update 9 August 2007

Update: 9 August 2007This is now the final version. No one reported any issues with the public beta. There were no changes from the public beta.**********************737 Drivers,The 737 Edition has been out almost 3 years (Default and PMDG).A way to improve memory usage was recently discovered and, in spite of its age, I decided to make the associated change to the 737 version.This is a public beta. Download link:http://66.135.39.111/fs2crew/FS2Crew737Update.zipHow to install:1. Download the Update.2. Copy the new crewicon.gau file over your pre-existing crewicon.gau file.Important: Backup your pre-existing crewicon.gau file first in case you experience an issue!3. Your pre-existing crewicon.gau file should be located in a folder with a name like (or similar to) this one:FS9/Gauges/FS2Crew/737Let me know if CPAL stops working for you.If CPAL does stop working for you, let me know which specific version of the 737 you have.Cheers,Bryan

Hi Bryan,I made a quick test a few days ago and everything seems okay for me ! But I didn't not fly the entire flight due to lack of time ! I will do a complete flight later !

vpa055.png

Guest WPC219

One issue I have is on departure upon calling for flaps set 1 for some reason the clickspot will not even work and I hear nothing from the captain or see any action from the FO. Any suggestions?

Hi,Please search the forum using the term 'icao'.What's happening is that you're not completing the Departure Brief in full, so the FO is not sure what to do.Pls do a search in the forum and run the tutorial flight 'to the letter'. Cheers,Bryan

Guest AlexRev1970

I was wondering if you have plans for a new 737NG Edition for 2004 that includes all of the new features that are being included on the new versions of FS2Crew. I have been on several forums and read that many pilots are sticking with 2004 because they are unhappy with FSX. That includes myself.

I very much want to update the 737 version of FS2Crew.It was innovate in its day, but compared to what I can do now, its age shows.FSX: Well, I think a lot more people will come on board soon. SP1 one really helped and I think SP2 will help even more.A new version of the 737 for FS2004: We'll see. Developing for two different platforms, and often two different O/S's, does make things more tricky. It'll depend on how easily I could convert an FSX version to FS2004.Cheers,Bryan

Hi Bryan,I've just now discovered the little crewicon update. So I installed it and ran into the problem that on the recieving checklist I am not able to press the green button. The other functions all work. I then reinstalled using the Flight1 software to make sure it's not a license issue, added the updates and this problem persisted. Luckily I made a backup of the original crewicon file. So I restored it and .... the green button worked again !!Just so you know, I'm always starting using the exact procedure from the manual. Btw, I'm using the default 737 version.You have any ideas what is causing this? I would like to use the final update as you were saying it reduces memory usage.Nevertheless, a big thank you for the great tools you are developing!Regards, Manuel

Yes, all CPAL buttons work. Is this update maybe only for the PMDG version of FS2Crew and not for my default 737 version?Manuel

Aww, sorry about that Bryan. I should have read the title of the readme where it clearly says "PMDG" first before posting here ;-) What made me install it was the line from your first post where it says "the default and pmdg versions have been out for three years..";-)Manuel

If I just purchased the Gold edition, I should already have an updated version and don't need this, right?