Sign in to follow this  
rX

FS2Crew 744 Manual

Greetings,I am wondering if the FS2Crew PMDG 744 version manual is ready. If so, I'm wondering if we could get it earlier (like... today). (For me this is the first FS2Crew I am buying and I am quite curious how it all works.) But also so we can get up to date with the 'SOP' for the FS2Crew airline.I bet I'm gonna love it. --Eric

Hello Eric,Manual is not ready yet.If you want to get an idea of how FS2Crew generally works, I suggest reading the Avsim review of the 767 Edition.It'll give you a good sense of what the concept is all about and what we're trying to achieve.Cheers,Bryan

Ok. I understand. You can be sure I have read all the reviews on the AVsim page. More then a week to go, good luck with testing. --Eric

Guest raymondt

Since the product is ready, i assume that the manuals are also ready. Is there any chance for potential customers (like me) to download it somewhere from your site? I know there are reviews of the product, but i am not really looking for that. I don't want other peoples opinions on a product, i want to make my own opinion. Thanks,Raymond

Greetings Raymond,I just finished reading the maual myself. While not exacly what I expected from the manual - I expected a full SOP of the respective airline - it works well. It's based on the same tutorial as the Quick Start Guide only much more detailed and with many other options (although I feel not all features are covered). At the end you have a full checklist of the SOP. I could send you the manual but I guess I should wait for Bryan to agree or disagree. TTYL, --eric

Guest raymondt

Indeed. Thanks Bryan !Kind regards,Raymond

>Greetings Raymond,>>I just finished reading the maual myself. While not exacly>what I expected from the manual - I expected a full SOP of the>respective airline - it works well. It's based on the same>tutorial as the Quick Start Guide only much more detailed and>with many other options (although I feel not all features are>covered). At the end you have a full checklist of the SOP. >>I could send you the manual but I guess I should wait for>Bryan to agree or disagree. >>TTYL,> --ericBelieve me when I say you would not want the full SOP's of this airline. You would be looking at in excess of 500 pages. Do you really want all that?????? Going thru and weeding out what would and wouldn't work with PMDG and FS2Crew is just impractical and beyond the scope of programs. There are also copyright issues involved. If you follow the FS2Crew routine you will be complying with the airlines SOP's.If you have any areas of SOP's you would like clarified then please post .CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Steve-You're right. A full SOP would not be suitable at all for FS2Crew. However I personally would like to shift through the hundreds of pages of the oficial Boeing SOP not the --- (I belive that is your airline, correct me if I am wrong). All just for my personal knowlidge and... well... fun. (I DO find it fun; reading manuals I mean)More then the B747 I'd reather have the B737 as it's Tarom's (the airline) main aircraft. I did read (well, browse trough) the full Boeing SOP for the B737 NG, the old one, before the changes from Cpt and FO and PF and PNF to PF and PM. I'm looking into getting the new revision of those SOP. The airline I am "modeling" uses the base Boeing SOP 'to the letter' for the 737s without any changes. I am trying to get my hands on those. (edit: especially with the posibility of flying as LHS and Right Hand Seat in the same aircraft on diferent PCs with someone else on the new FS X)Be sure I'll post if I need clarification on your airline SOP. Have a good one, --ericPS. I might have a request however not regarding the SOPs so I'll leave it for another time.EDIT: Sorry, Eric, had to delete the reference to the airline's name. -Bryan

Eric I think you will find that the checklists and flows etc are Boeing. We have had a big change to align ourselves with Boeing checklists and procedures. Some of the other stuff ie. pax sign useage etc will alwys be airline specific. You will never find 2 airlines with the exact same procedures.CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Bryan-Sorry. I guessed that if the consultant was known, the the name of the a/l is not confidential anymore. Sorryz again. --eric