Sign in to follow this  
dlhusk

Need Help Installing SDK

I have installed and reinstalled SDK's and they never show up in TOOLS or anywhere else. I have read the article over and over and it says"if you install in default directories" you should not have to do anything? Could someone maybe give me a better idea of what to try? TIA, Danny

I too, would appreciate help with this. Likewise, I have tried placing the requisite files in every possible location that I think the 'tutorial' is referring to, and altered the path in the file to suit, but to no avail. The object placement tool never appears on the menu.Clearly there is an issue here, since the following section in the info is titled: 'testing for a successful setup' - which would seem to indicate that at best, it aint that straightforward, and at worst, and as seems more likely, the description of how you install things is not very well written.So if someone who has managed to decipher these instructions and got the thing to work, would please care to explain the procedure in a 'you put this file here, and that file there' kind of way, it'd be a big help.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Guest CaptEngland

One more person here who can not get the mission SDK working!Please someone help us!

I have been searching all morning but to no avail. I went to FSINSIDER.COM and placed feedback there, if I am at all sucessful I will post, this is driving me insane LOLDanny

I also left some feedback at FS Insider in the hope that more than one person placing acomment on this would add to their impetus to do something.This is annoying as the SDK is the main reason I actually bought the Deluxe version of FSX.

Alan Bradbury

Thanks, Chock, I am sure that anything will help. The main reason that I wanted to look at the Missions SDK was that I am intrigued with it. If you come up with anything please let me know.Thanks, Danny

HiI posted on Justflight forum asking how to sort this and this is the reply I recieved. I am just trying this out now.This is how I have set up the SDK tools, everything working...Install the SDK from Disc 1 of FSX Deluxe (the SDK is not available in the Standard version).Create a directory named SDK within your Filght Simulator X folder.Copy Object_Placement.dll from SDKMission Creation Kit to your newly created SDK folder.Copy visualfxtool.dll from SDKEnvironment KitSpecial Effects SDK to your newly created SDK folder.Copy traffictoolbox.dll from SDKEnvironment KitTraffic Toolbox SDK to your newly created SDK folder.Navigate to your dll.xml file and open in Notepad. The dll.xml file can be found at :Documents and SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftFSXIn the following 3 sections, change the element to point to the dll in your newly created SDK folder.change the element to FalseObject Placement ToolFalseFalse:Microsoft Flight Simulator XSDKobject_placement.dllTraffic ToolboxFalseFalse:Microsoft Flight Simulator XSDKTraffictoolbox.dllVisual Effects ToolFalseFalse:Microsoft Flight Simulator XSDKvisualfxtool.dllSave the dll.xml file and restart FSX.You will now have a "Tools" item in the menu bar. Choose the option you require.Regards

Okay, tried that, still no joy, so here is my version of doing that:Object Placement ToolFalseFalseProgram FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSDKobject_placement.dllTraffic ToolboxFalseFalseProgram FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSDKTraffictoolbox.dllVisual Effects ToolFalseFalseProgram FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSDKvisualfxtool.dllAm I missing something? Should I be deleting that bit with in or what? If someone could paste exactly what they have in their file, then I could probably figure out what is wrong here.

Alan Bradbury

Hi here's how mine looks and it works.<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>Launchdll.xmlFalseFalseObject Placement ToolFalseFalseF:program filesmicrosoft gamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSDKobject_placement.dllTraffic ToolboxFalseFalseF:program filesmicrosoft gamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSDKtraffictoolbox.dllVisual Effects ToolFalseFalseF:program filesmicrosoft gamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSDKvisualfxtool.dllFSUIPC 4FalseModulesFSUIPC4.dllLooks like you hae a few entries wrong fro exampleProgram FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSDKTraffictoolbox.dllShound beC:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSDKTraffictoolbox.dllregards

yup, I know there are several wrong entries on that one I pasted, it's one of about a dozen permutations I tried and I hoped putting that one in might elicit a response :-)Anyway, thanks, will try emulating yours.

Alan Bradbury

Yup, pointed it at the C drive, and it still doesn't work. Oh well, guess that was sixty quid down the toilet. I think I'll give up, been at this 2 days now.

Alan Bradbury

:-) Thanks for all the help, I finally got it installed. My problem was also the path issue, had to go back and correct it...I appreciate all the help..Danny

Chock, don't give up , Spawns fix worked I copy his dll.xml exactly and subsitued my C: drive and it works, just a reminder to be in window instead of fullscreen...Danny