Sign in to follow this  
StamPilot

One more sale: at Captain Sim

Just got their newsletter, good offer. http://www.captainsim.com/store/sale.htmlI with I did not have all their products, othervise I could get them almost for free. E.g. their C-130 will cost $9,99 only. Although the sale will last for one day only, December 12, it is enough time to get a present for Christmas.

Guest AOA

Hi StamWhat a nice guy you are letting us all know this and even providing a link and everything.;)Now I know that you are not affiliated with CS and just want to have fun in FS but I would`nt touch CS stuff no matter what the cost as they have done nothing but screw their customers for years.Anyway thanks for letting me have my say and have a nice holiday season.Pete

>Hi Stam>>What a nice guy you are letting us all know this and even>providing a link and everything.;)>Now I know that you are not affiliated with CS and just want>to have fun in FS but I would`nt touch CS stuff no matter what>the cost as they have done nothing but screw their customers>for years.>Anyway thanks for letting me have my say and have a nice>holiday season.Hi Pete,Nice to know that you are not CS basher and not affiliated with their competitors! I am sorry about your bad CS experience although I have my OWN opinion about CS products, as well as many people here, and I have reight to express it. Have a nice holiday season too!

Guest Crimguy

If they ever release their phantom "F package" for the 757, I will give them a second chance.Until then, I kinda feel the same way.

. . . same here; once bitten, etc. . I've spent nearly $200 in addons this past week, but until their support manner changes. . . my money goes elsewhere.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Same poop - different day.I was just pimping around in my CS F-104 and as alwas, having a pretty good time of it. Flying at 1280x1024, 8xAA and 16xAA, that Starfighter had a sharp and wicked shine. :-sun1 As always, I think it's fair to mention I bought several of their planes, the F-104, two versions of the C-130, and the 707, and I enjoy them all. From payment to DL to flight, everything was good. I'm completely satisfied with CS.However, it's also fair to say that CS should square up with it's clients who said they got a bum deal. Business is business. If people got ripped off when making payments that is inexcusable and CS has to square up. Also, their forums could use a touch of gentlemanly conduct on the part of the moderators. Now that that's said, maybe I'll go for a pop in my lovely RCAF C-130.

I am glad he posted it. I am looking forward to the Herc.I have always liked the CS 727 and the 707 that I bought recently.The only thing I don't care for is their 757. I have a reasonable IQ but I still can't figure out..what the #### they are selling. Its just broken into too many pieces. I would have considered a 757 with a nice VC with custom flight model and custom sound. 1 single complete aircraft and plenty of liveries. Thats what I want and it looks like they do not have a single product that is a complete addon 757. MAnny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Yep. That 757 is a mess. Charging an extra $6 for the skin manager, which came free with all my CS planes, is just plain out of line. Also, the enhanced sound set should enhance the plane without costing yet another $6. "Here's your plane, but if you want it to sound nice or change the skin, please pay extra." Terrible decisions on their part.

Yeah you're right C1; it wasn't so much a "bad" experience - I bought the 727 from JustFlight a few years back; when it came to the upgrade they told me to go to JustFlight. OK - so I did, and that was ok. This time I asked if the 727 FSX upgrade was going to be available to me from CS, or would I still have to go to JustFlight? They said "Yes - it would be available to me" - they didn't say "from us, or from JF" - which is kind of ambiguous. Then - as Paul Golding suggests he will be improving his 727 (which I also have) in his upgrade, I also asked "Would the CS727 be upgraded in a similar fashion to that of the DF 727?". That part of my post was deleted and replaced with commas! However - I was not unhappy with the CS machine, either - it always was a toughie to land, but that's part of the fun, too, and I'm not as "full of myself" as some of the posters I see here from time to time, and so I might just go and get the 130. I've always been pretty envious, reading all the great writeups it's had and I might be dumb not to get it. It sure looks absolutely terrific, doesn't it?The sale page shows only the gunship expansion at $9.99, with the Pro Base at $34.99, and the 130 Base at $24.99. The other exp. pkgs. are $5.99 ea. - all good value, I think.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest JTEK99

Well, I'm a CapSim "basher" myself since I wholeheartedly loathe their bait-and-switch marketing techniques.However.... 10 bux for their C-130 Pro package is a steal and easily worth it, regardless of what one thinks about them. I paid premium price for it upon release and still fly the thing every week. If you've got 10 bux lying around, it wouldn't be ill spent on this one. I can't say the same for the rest of the packages. :)

>Well, I'm a CapSim "basher" myself since I wholeheartedly>loathe their bait-and-switch marketing techniques.>>However.... 10 bux for their C-130 Pro package is a steal and>easily worth it, regardless of what one thinks about them. I>paid premium price for it upon release and still fly the thing>every week. If you've got 10 bux lying around, it wouldn't be>ill spent on this one. >>I can't say the same for the rest of the packages. :)I too can be considered a CS basher by some (more like a CS public service announcer in reality...but that is just semantics...a game CS plays just as well :)), however, $9.99 for the C-130 base package is indeed a good deal. Dispite what "I" think of them is irrelevent, if anyone has been eyeing the C-130 but couldn't get over the original price, this is your time to buy. ;)I am tempted to add the base package to my KC-130 model (only) I bought a while ago, but principal might get in the way. :( Now, if my spouse were to buy it for me...maybe that can be the loophole. :-lolOf course like many, I won't touch the 757 blocks with a virtual 10 foot pole. I will look at the "Pro Line" (complete) 757 when (or more aptly "IF") it ever comes out for FS9, but its going to have to be better than anything I've ever seen before if they want my money.Regards,Steve Drahttp://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/S...Dra/banner1.jpgDownload my planes at Avsim here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&Go=Change+View

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Its on sale now. But it looks like they took the FSX option out. I thought I saw that. Maybe I am wrong.Now I am thinking, They would give a free FSX upgrade for FS9 owners who bought the C130 prior to a certain date. They may not give that offer of upgrade if you buy today.So we might be stuck with a FS9 version without an FSX upgrade. I know, I am speculating here. They have this... if you pruchase before certain date..then free upgrade and stuff like they might come up with.so the Q is... Would we be treated differently after we purchase today?MannyLike this."If you purchased any FS9 757 Block after 17:00 GMT of 2 Nov '06 you are not entitled for free FSX Upgrade."

Manny

Well, I now own a C130 Pro version...... I purchased something from Captain Sim. . .I purchased SOMETHING from Captain Sim. . .I PURCHASED something from Captain Sim. . .I PURCHASED SOMETHING FROM CAPTAIN SIM!!!!!!AAAaarrggh!! I FELL FOR IT!!!:-grr:-hmmm:-hangpj

Don't understand you Paul??????Manny

Manny