Sign in to follow this  
jfri

RFP 747-200 offer

I got an email from PC aviator offering RFP 747-200 CD for $15. I went to the RFP webpage and now I'm somewhat confused. On this site is stated'For those of you obtaining an RFP V2 CD version recently, it is 3 years old and obsolete. I hope you got it free. We requested the European distributor to cease all retail sales months ago but he obviously did not follow our orders which is his gain and your loss.'First even if the CD version is old can you not download the latest upgrade? I mean RFP 747-200 second generation is RFP 747-200 V2 or?Or is this not applicable the CD you get from PC aviator since they reside in the USA? Also on thesite they inform that the forum will be closed down. Does this mean that you must count on using this product without any support?Also I wonder how RFP compares to DF 727 (which I have)?

The support forum is going to close on December 31 @ midnight. There will no longer be an "official" RFP Support Forum. That having been said, the Support Team are not leaving the Hobby ( to my knowledge) and we have always frequented the Forums here and at FlightSim.com. If you post a question, we'll try to answer it as will most of the many RFP users if they know the answer, or have a suggestion for you. It may not be ask quick or as formal and you won't have the search functions, but we will do the best we can. One of the nicest aspects of the RFP group has been the feeling that it is something of a family and families do help each other out.There is no way for me to know what exactly you will be buying for $15.00; I can only suggest that you download all of the files that are currently available on the RFP Site while they are still available to you in case you find you need them. Where they will be January 1st, I have no idea.Hope that helps.Ed GreenKCLThttp://www.panelshop.com/Banners/DEV.jpg

http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_images/fdc_beta.jpg

Hi Ed,Nice to see you around. :-)I think I speak on behalf of many RFP users, when I say that the title is still very much valid. And I also think that if you would set up a support forum here at AVSIM, many users should be happy. I think Tom wouldn

Staffan

Good idea Staffan! :)The RFPv2 systems are still in my top all time favourites .... and probably will be for some time! :-kewl

>There is no way for me to know what exactly you will be buying>for $15.00; I can only suggest that you download all of the>files that are currently available on the RFP Site while theyOn the CD box is written Ready for Pushback second generation. Can that be anything elsethen V2. BTW how many versionsare there? After reading the RFP site I got the impression that there exist another even later version called VIP which could be run in FSX while V2 could not.

Im not sure here, but i think the last version is in fact version 2. Although im not very sure of that, someone that knows can correct me if im wrong

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

I'm fairly certain that what you have is V2; there are a couple of patches for V2 which you could need depending on when your particular copy was pressed: that's why I suggested downloading what is available while it remains available.The VIP variant is something different, it represents potential development which was considered for future lines. It is NOT FSX compatible as of this writing and at this point its future, if any, is not known. To be clear: V2 is also not FSX compatible and it is unlikely that it ever will be.Ed GreenKCLThttp://www.panelshop.com/Banners/DEV.jpg

http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_images/fdc_beta.jpg

Guest oldngray

Could someone please point me to the website where the latest downloads are available. Can't seem to locate them through Google.Don

It is sad to see RFP go! I hope somebody picks up the ball for a new version (perhaps to include the 747-300 as well). For 15 bucks, I'd easily pick up a copy if I did not already have it. RFP was the most valuable single addon I even owned. I learned more about aircraft systems than by any other means. RIP RFPRH

>It is sad to see RFP go! I hope somebody picks up the ball>for a new version (perhaps to include the 747-300 as well). >For 15 bucks, I'd easily pick up a copy if I did not already>have it. RFP was the most valuable single addon I even owned.> I learned more about aircraft systems than by any other>means. >It doesn't matter any more. When I visted the link for this offer yesterday it was already stated to be sold out. So obviously a lot of people agree with you.

>I think I speak on behalf of many RFP users, when I say that>the title is still very much valid. And I also think that if>you would set up a support forum here at AVSIM, many users>should be happy. I think Tom wouldn

ea_avsim_sig.jpg