Sign in to follow this  
ctiger

FSGenesis

Guest ThrottleUp

AstroDave - I will try to explain what mesh is, here goes!:Mesh is basically the shape of the ground in flight simulator (valeys, hill, mountains etc). Default mesh is sampled at a low resolution while enhanced mesh (like FS Genesis or FS Global) is sampled at higher resolution (more detail).Go to this site:http://www.fsglobalx.com/indexA.htmScroll down a little until you see a series of sets of 3 pictures.1. The first pic shows default flight sim mesh2. The second shows enhanced mesh 3. The third shows the real-life pictureIn this case the mesh is provided by FS Global 2008 but FS Genesis does the same thing and I gave you the link to this site because it shows in pictures what detailed mesh can do for your sim landscape :)

Thank you! Finally an explanation with pics. The fsg guys need that on their site. I didn't see those types of dramatic differences in the before/afters of yosemite on my system so maybe the default mesh was already pretty good for yosemite. I gather that this mesh with some nice texture upgrades would go well. What does everyone recommend for the best combination to run with fsg?________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

To Justin or anyone else in the know...This is probably better in the FSX forum, but since there is already a thread here... I was wondering what the default terrain mesh resolution was in FSX and how that compared to FSG's 76m "World Terrain Mesh".I have just got FSX working acceptably well (well enough to start my 5th "Around the World" flight in FS) and wanted to upgrade the mesh if possible.Cheers, Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia