Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

Aeroworx or Digital Aviation

Guest Shalomar

Which one first, the Cheyene or the B200? I heard the GPS on the Cheyene was buggy; if the B200 uses the default that would be a plus. Has the Cheyene's GPS been fixed yet? I see Aeroworx is on top of updates.These aircraft are in such a similar class I can only justify getting one right now, but which one?Best Regards, Donny :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Hi,I have both and personally I fly the Cheyenne much more then the B200.This is partially due to my personal liking, but I think the Cheyenne outclasses the B200 in a few areas.Framerate wise the Cheyenne is significant better. Also the graphics of the Cheyenne are imo nicer, specifically the VC and night lighting. Nevertheless the B200 is also a great aircraft.I can't comment on the GPS because I only fly VOR-VOR with the Cheyenne (and B200)

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Hmmmm, tough choice. The DA Piper does have more variants and is slightly, just slightly, more hard core. Beechcraft planes have a special place in my heart though. The B200 is fantastic.I say what ever one you do choose (you can't go wrong) make sure that your next one is the one you didn't choose (does that make sense?).

Donny, I can't compare the Cheyenne to the B200. The Cheyenne is on my first to buy list for me too. Your question included the GPS.My perspective, when the B200 was first released it gave me a heavy frame rate hit to the point that I didn't enjoy flying it. An update was released for V2 and things changed overnight when flying it.It was the original GPS in the B200 when it was first released that was giving me FPS hit. The GPS that was included in the V2 update didn't have a moving map, no big deal. The only problem or objection that I have with the current GPS in the B200 is that it doesn't have OR I can't find the ILS freqs for a given runway at a given airport. Daryll

I've had the B200 for several years and liked it. I just recently got the Cheyenne and have not flown the B200 since. I think there were some small issues with the FDE on the B200 I didn't like, but overall it's pretty good. The support from Aeroworx is great. The Cheyenne's *only* drawback for me is that when switching views the outside textures take a LOOONG tiem to load (about 20 MB worth!). I solved the problem by converting all the textures to DXT 1 format which reduced the load time to now just a fraction of a second. Since then I've been completely satisfied with the Cheyenne. The GPS is not very useful on the Cheyenne, but I hardly every fly by GPS being an old school VOR/NDB sort of guy ;-) Mike

BOTH of course :)I have both and I'd give up many other great addons before I give up any one of these two. On my machine there is no problem with FPS in either. 50+ FPS in the VCs if I want to but I keep it locked at 26.I use RealityXP 530 in my B200 since I like it better than the KLN89 that came with it. Is the Cheyenne's GPS buggy? I don't get that. It was patched with their sp and I never had any problem with it. I actually like it a lot especially the user waypoint function.Cheyenne's lighting is better. Kingair's maintanance unit is nice, both supports are excellent...the list of good stuff can go on and on. In real life I adore Kingair so in that way the Aeroworx B200 is special to me.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Guest Shalomar

Thank you for all the replies. To tip the scales, does either one have working windsheild wipers? A small, insignifigant detail but I really like them on the ATR.FLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Guest WindBeneathMyWings

I love the realistic side of the B200 Happy Landings, Josh

The Cheyenne GPS has an issue that really bothers me. Go to the Calc page and select through the dial to the wind page. If you try to do anything after that, it CTDs. :(Both planes are wonderful, but the Cheyenne is a little more fun to me. The Trimble GPS is complicated, but much more functional than most people think. I'm not sure why people are unwilling to learn how to use it. The B200 has great flight dynamics too, but it's a little more difficult to land if you like to go back and forth between different planes often. It likes to float.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired