Sign in to follow this  
cougar2501

Where oh where do I find fx_strobex.fx ??

After using the the Filemon utility from Microsoft ( discussed in an earlier thread ) It was telling me that FS9 was continually trying to open the file fx_strobex.fx which was not available..but it kept on trying to open this file..Upon checking my Effects folder within FS9, it was true no such file was there fx_strobe.fx and fx_strobeh.fx exsisted but not the one I wanted. After searching through all the cd discs and opening the cab files I still have not been able to locate this file...also come to think about it I was unable to locate any *.fx files from those discs !!Can anyone throw some light on this? Where will I find it if it exsists.If it doesn't exsist how do i stop fs9 trying to open it all the time ??Any help greatly appreciated...Cougar 250158

Phil Densley

I would do one of two things.Find out which plane/addon is requesting that effect file and remove it from the addon's CFG file.Or you can take another strobe effect file, copy it and rename it to fx_strobex.fx.I did the later on a few effect files. Simple enough and it solves the problem.Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Hi,Look for this file in the library: c1_naa24.zipIt contains the effect, and it's a nice plane too :-)Regards,Hugo

Thanks for the prompt reply guy's I'll give them a go and hopefully stop fs9 continually searching for afiles thats not there !!Cougar 2501

Phil Densley

Forget this post. I can't delete it.JimCYWG

Guest Camsdad

You wouldn't by chance have Dreamfleets 727 would you? That shows up as missing the fx_strobe_df727. I think it was a typo in the aircraft cfg. It loads fx_df727_strobe into the effects folder and also has fx_df727_strobe listed in the lights section of the cfg file. It looks to have left the line with fx_strobe_df727 so the CFG calls for it but it isn't there.Let me know if thats it.

No sorry I do not have Dreamfleets 727, so cannot help you with you problem...Can say that downloading and installing the package recommended in the earlier post has fixed my problem with fs9 calling for fx_strobex.fx all the time. regardscougar2501

Phil Densley