Sign in to follow this  
Guest over and out

Ground Environment Pro needs 500 gig hard drive space????

I want to get Ground Environment Pro, but the requirements from their site are 512 gigabytes! Is this true or is this a typo. I tried to email them this question but they make it a little difficult to simply ask a question about one of their products (hmmmm) From the Flight 1 web site on specs for Ground Environment Pro:

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

cool, thanks for the info. I plan on setting it up this weekend,but that typo freaked me out.

Hey guys, I've been running Ground Environment, the first release since its debut. Is there a big graphical difference between the two that makes pro that much better other than the color effects on the ground? I do not have Active Sky at this time....yet;-) Also, If I did decide with the pro version, is there any hassle of uninstalling the regular version then installing the pro version? I just cringe about messing up my good FS9 install I've had since last May.

I've been running GEPro since day dot. It's a superb product and better than the first GE.As for the colour textures to match the weather, I don't see what all the fuss is about here. To be honest I run the one texture set and it's stunning. I see no real impact in creating 30 sets to get every sliver of colour depending on what your clouds and sky are doing. Some people swear by it though, and that's great. All up, it's a superb product. The act of installing it is pretty hassle free. It just upgrades all for you.

Max,I see a big difference between "Clear sky" and "Overcast" textures. With GePro I finally have gloomy and darkish environmental lighting as befits a gloomy and rainy day. :)Also, horizon textures come in a wide variety and combined with FE provide for an ever changing skyscape. I always change the texture before I start a flight. According to weather, of course. And of course, GePro is much better than the first GE, I agree.Regards,Jure