Sign in to follow this  
Trans_27 Pilot Chase

This one really irks me...

Ok, maybe you guys can shed some advice.Do you guys ever have this issue where you want to fly, but you don't know where you want to depart or where your going to? Or what you'll fly... And then you want to fly into the airports where you have addon scenery and you only want to fly the addon planes such as the PMDG or LDS? And then add in the weather... You cant decide what weather you want to fly in? Storms for a tricky approach and for some awsome screenshots, or clear skies for an easy, laid back experience?I'm having that issue now. I want to fly out of IAH as a continental jet, but I don't know where?Anyone have this issue?? Its almost as if there are too many possibilities. Any idea's on where I should head to, other than the doctor?Oh flight simulator.. So many options, so little time... :-roll

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Chase, take a deep breath... :)My choices are easy. I either try to emulate a real life flight that I am about to take, or one that I have done in the past. Here are some suggestions from my travels this year alone (more can be provided upon request... :) )Washington Dulles to Frankfurt - UAL 777Frankfurt to Cairo - Airbus 3xxCairo to Muscat, Oman - Airbus 319Muscat to Abu Dhabi- B737Abu Dhabi to London Heathrow - Airbus something or otherWashington Dulles to NOLA, then to LAX, then to SFO, then to Seoul, Korea (really!!!)Seoul to BusanSeoul to Tokyo HaniedaHanieda to NagasakiTokyo Narita to Dulles (a 777ER no less)Anyway, there are lots of imaginative things you can do. Just follow my real world schedule and I am sure you will take up NASCAR racing as an alternative hobby after a while. :-lol

Holy crap Tom. Those are some LONG flights. ;)

Yeah, tell me about it.. :)We are what, 17 weeks into the year, and I have been gone 9, and my UAL miles alone are over 60,000 (not counting Etiad, Eygpt Air, JAL and some others, I am sure). :)

I was about to mention your flyer miles in my response. I couldnt figure out how to word it. But let me say this.. Im sure the airlines hate you. You could fly around the world several times with all your air miles. They thought the "frequent flyer" problem would be good for business... Then they met "Tom Allensworth." :-outta

It is really simple... My idea of a vacation is to NOT to get on an airplane or within 20 miles of an airport. Being a couch potatoe is what I aspire to during vacations. :)

Well, you could ask Tom for more flights, a good idea infact, i wish i could be a well traveled as you Tom!! (I'll be choosing my Lottery numbers carefully this week!)I useually go to airsource, which is like a virtual airline but with many airlines, if that makes sense. http://www.air-source.us/Default.aspAlso go on flight aware ( www.flightaware.com ) and choose a real world flight to fly. Vatsim and look at flight plans on there.Many sources!!!Dave

Most people would call that odd... Ever think of buying the wrong ticket by accident and heading to a beach? "Why arent you in china?""Sorry boss, I guess I bought the wrong ticket and didn't realize it until I heard the flight attendant say 'Welcome to Cozumel'."

I also play MVP Baseball, so I emulate flying the team to their next city.

All the major airlines make their timetables available on the web as downloadable pdf files. They include destinations and plane type as well as scheduled departure and arrival times. Decide how long you want to fly and where your departure is and pick a destination that fits...DJ

I'm the same way. The main problem is I don't like long flights. Spending 3 or more hours at cruise level is boring and easy. I like the takeoff and landing. I use Flightaware too, but a lot the flights are pretty far. The other issue is with the airports and scenery. If the scenery is plain, then it's like a wasted trip.I probably need to fly outside the U.S. more, but without charts and real routes I feel odd doing it.

The main problem is I don't like long flights. Spending 3 or more hours at cruise level is boring and easy. I like the takeoff and landing.Same here... But I love the sensation of flying to another country, but then I dont want to be at my desk for 12 hours. I wish I could do it all, but in under 2 hours. Sim speed isnt an option. I wonder if we could reduce the world? Just shrink it all... So you know, fly to China in like, 2 hours? :)

Boy, I feel you except for weather - ASV6 takes care of that so I take it as it comes. Also I have no 'choice' as to departure point - that's always where I last landed.I bought the B200 to help 'free' me up, but found myself back at Flightaware looking for B200 flights :-lol regards,Markhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/a320/custbanner2.jpgPC Power Silencer 470/3.2HT/2048mb/ATI X1950pro/SB Audigy

My nephew and I have our own personal V/A with a couple friends and fly offline using Flight Sim Passengers as our method of "logging" the hours.We have a base set simple rules to follow and operate out of many hubs in North America and Europe with a mix of planes and routes.My favs are the shorter flights (I love the long ones but I hate the CTD I sometimes get).I too love flying routes with scenery I own.EDDV - LOWWCYYZ - KPVDEGSS - LOWWCYYC - KPDXAre among my favorties....

Here is what I like to do. Each week I pick an aircraft to use for the week. (That way I get use out of my MANY payware airplanes)I then checkout Flightaware.com and choose a home airport. (If I'm flying Fedex I'll choose KMEM) I'll choose a flight then decide if it's going to be just a return flight or will I be away from home for two or three days. Once I choose a flight, I like to use simroutes.com to find a flight plan because they have links to all the relevant charts and allow you to download to FS9. This comes in handy for setting up Active sky and Radar Contact.So, every day I start a new flight from the airport I landed at the day/night before. To me it adds a bit of realism. One week I may be flying a commuter aircraft, doing 3-4 flights a day. The next week I'm flying heavies with flights lasting 5-12 hours and I get to explore places I never would have thought of. This way I use all my aircraft and if I don't have scenery for my destination I go to http://walhalla.mine.nu/fs2004.php to look for it.Dave FisherCYYZP4 Prescott 3.2e 478p 800mhz 1mg CPUP4P800SE Asus Motherboard2.5 gig PC3200 DDR RAM 400MHZGeForce 7600GT/512 OC'dMaxtor 80 Gig ATA 133 HD x2WDC WD800 80 Gig HDAntec 500watt true powerSharp 19 inch LCD MonitorLogitech Extreme 3D pro Joystickhttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpghttp://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannersupporter.jpg

"I like the takeoff and landing."----------For a long time I was just doing touch n go's at one or two airports in a small area flying B767, 777, L1011, DC-10 .... for a while it was Hong Kong new airport to Hong Kong Kai Tak to very nearby Macau. Not very realistic but lots of approaches and landingsI like approaches and landings too (speaking of flight simulator here). They have a somewhat meditative quality due to the mental focussing aspect similar to playing pool or doing photography or perhaps like Japanese Kyūdō archery (I'm guessing as I've never done that) ... hmmm, maybe there should be a school of 'flight simulator' meditation. I wonder if there is an app that will create a random start location, choose an aircraft from your aircraft list and choose random conditions ?

Hey Tom,Yeah, my DAL miles are at 105k so far , add in 10k on NWA and 5 on COA and I'm right there with you. Looks like I'll do 200k+ this year.My "real boss" :-) and I have an agreement, we travel every other year for vacation. After 14 years in the air, all I ever want to do is sit on the porch. But, she has other ideas...x( How's the spring around KCHO this year? I was born at UVA and grew up in Crozet, live in FLA now but really miss the spring in Central VA.

>Chase, take a deep breath... :)>>My choices are easy. I either try to emulate a real life>flight that I am about to take, or one that I have done in the>past. Here are some suggestions from my travels this year>alone (more can be provided upon request... :) )>>Washington Dulles to Frankfurt - UAL 777>Frankfurt to Cairo - Airbus 3xx>Cairo to Muscat, Oman - Airbus 319>Muscat to Abu Dhabi- B737>Abu Dhabi to London Heathrow - Airbus something or other>Washington Dulles to NOLA, then to LAX, then to SFO, then to>Seoul, Korea (really!!!)>Seoul to Busan>Seoul to Tokyo Hanieda>Hanieda to Nagasaki>Tokyo Narita to Dulles (a 777ER no less)When can we expect you in Warsaw Tom? It'd be nice to buy you a beer or two :-)

>I bet if you make it a 12 pack, it'll be within the week.>:-outta >>haha.. :-lol Micro-brewery beer only - non of that canned, industrial stuff ;-)