Sign in to follow this  
Guest KemoF15

PSS Dash 8 consensus

Considering purchasing the PSS Dash 8--is the FMC/systems fully functional (SID/STARs, holds, etc)?Any other inputs would be appreciated.ThanksKemoF15

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes - but only if you update the FMC database with the nav data from this website (at a small cost) http://www.navdata.at/The PSS Dash8 is a good aircraft - for it's age. It would be very, very good if PSS updated it - especially in regard to the quality of it's VC. It is "OK" now - but is not fully functional. The DASH8 was originally designed for FS2002.Barry

> the quality of it's VC.the VC does look good ... but is not functional (limitation from FS8).you will need to do some tweeks to the .air and .cfg files to overcome pitch & power issues during climb, cruise, approach and landing.flown the PSS D8 since release - loved it in FS8 ... enjoy it in FS9.--

The 2D panel is really a work of art. I only use the VC for enroute sightseeing, or to look over my shoulder on a visual circuit, so I don't really care if the switches aren't functioning (most are not).As I recall, the flight dynamics needed some work to deal with a serious nose-up pitch attitude on approach, and the systems fidelity is only skin-deep.But still, 5 years later, it's a fun bird to fly.There's a long-known bug in the FMS that will trip a CTD in some circumstances if you try loading a route using airways. If you just enter the route waypoint by waypoint it's fine, which is no big deal on the shorter routes a turboprop typically flies.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

I don't want to confuse matters for you any, but there is also a Dash8 developed my Majestic Software. Might be worth a look. I personally like their product much better. Just a suggestion. :) www.majesticsoftware.com