Sign in to follow this  
Guest blaster331

Opinions on FsHotFx

Guest blaster331

Greetings all, I am considering the purchase of this program to enhance the FS envirorment and wanted to ask how it compares to some of the freeware ai sound pkgs here in the library.Is it worth it? Thanks for your inputBest regardsAndrew

Guest blaster331

Since this made it to the bottom of the second page without a reply I will assume that this program is not very popular and go with the sound pkgs here in the libraryAndrew

Guest JIMJAM

Its been a LONG time ago but if I remeber right, that company still takes your money but its out of business.So you will get it but no support.I remember liking the ai sounds but this one falls into the, I wouldnt pay for it catagory.

Guest Keyno-onyeK

I bought it long time ago...There was a patch and its installed.Haven't had any problems with it.I don't know of any other programs that will give me AI sound 3D.I cant fly without it.Yeah, i thought they were out of business.Anyway, i recommend it.Keyno

Great little program. I have been using it for over a year and have enjoyed the enhancement it gives FS9. Sometimes I will just park at a major airport (KATL, KORD, etc and just listen to the landings and takeoffs.Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Guest JIMJAM

Just so you know.I dug up my registration #s and emails from last year when I purchased FSHOTSEAT.I downloaded it and tried to activate it.Invalid number.Ok so I try to email them.Email adresses do not work.I go to the forums and read some others with simular problems.I would NOT send them any money.You will need to send them a email and them send you one back in order to activate it.As it appears, there is nobody going to send you anything.

I loved the program while I was working, especially together with Ultimate Traffic. Unfortunately my key stopped working and I haven't been able to retrieve a new one either. Mind you, you can't use Radar Contact together with FSHotseat.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

When working properly (mine is), it is great. Can't fly without it. But if something goes wrong, lost key, etc., good luck on getting support. The worst I've experienced out there from a simming vendor.That said, if you have tried some of the freebie addons that do the same but are not really happy with the result then I would:1. Buy the HotSeatFX version NOT the full blown FSHOTSEAT.2. Buy only with a credit card in case you need to do a charge back for any issues that cannot be resolved.3. Make sure you don't plan any major hardware changes in the near future. That will kill your activation.4. Cross your fingers and hope it all works so you don't have to try and contact support. Ha!I still really like mine though, good luck,ClutchProject 9Dragons

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Guest blaster331

Thanks for all your replys.I decided to use the library files and I am not one bit dissappointed.They have made the airports come alive with sound and best of all its freeware.Thanks to all the authors who make these wonderful contributions.Best regardsAndrew

Guest JTEK99

>Thanks for all your replys.I decided to use the library files>and I am not one bit dissappointed.Andrew:May I ask which ones you chose and are using? I'd be very interested in enhancing those sounds as well.

Guest cimanera

I use FSHotSeat every time I fly, which includes the sounds feature of FSHotFX. Actually I only use the sound features of FSHotSeat (FShotFx was not available when I purchased a while back). I don't think there is anything in the Library that can equal what you get with these add-ons. I also like the additional sounds you get with this product-- (wind turbulence when flaps/gear is down, misc turbulence/wind sounds etc).That said, in the past service has been very bad. Whenever I am in a situation where I need a new access code from the company I used to cringe. Their forum is virtually useless. BUT, since I've started using this alternate contact e-mail for support (Support@FSHotSeat.com), I've had pretty good response and have always received a new access code within about a day.

Guest blaster331

I used Sandon Lyons ai+sounds and Thorsten Reichert's touchdown reverser fxhope this helps.Looks like after the last post I am going to try fshotfx.Hope it works outBest regardsAndrew

Guest JTEK99

>I use FSHotSeat every time I fly, which includes the sounds>feature of FSHotFX. Actually I only use the sound features>of FSHotSeat (FShotFx was not available when I purchased a>while back). I don't think there is anything in the Library>that can equal what you get with these add-ons. I also like>the additional sounds you get with this product-- (wind>turbulence when flaps/gear is down, misc turbulence/wind>sounds etc).cimanera:Great info, thanks. However, reviewing the dev's site still leaves me with questions. In essence, I have only one question.Is this package something that's "fire-and-forget"? In other words, do you just install it and it works for all AI aircraft? I was under the impression that I'd have to do some mega-editing of all the AI aircraft.cfg files to get any new sounds to work. Is this true?

Guest cimanera

No lengthy setup procedures should be required on the user's end. When you first install the program it will setup "AIblast" for all your AI aircraft automatically. As you add subsequent AI, FSHS will also add/edit these new aircraft without you having to do anything. In addition if ever you have a problem with corrupt files there is a "refresh AI" feature that will reset "AIblast" at any time.I short, set up would be pretty quick and easy. However, you should know that initially you will be setup in demo mode (before you enter your pass code). The demo mode changes your default flight to the default Baron at Meigs in Chicago. If you like I and many others have removed your default aircraft, you will get an error upon startup of FS9. To fix this just go into your FS9.cfg find the "SITUATION" line and delete everything after the equal (=) sign. That should then default to your last flight.Best

Thanks for the info regarding the alternative email adress. I sent an email there earlier today and just received an answer as to how to re-register the program. Great stuff! :)

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------