Sign in to follow this  
Guest blaster331

What do you consider to be the best replacement grass textures ?

Guest blaster331

Greetings all,just wondering what some of you scenery gurus find to be the best replacement grass textures and while we're at it how about trees.I am trying to spruce up FS9 abitBest regardsAndrew

Hi,After a lot of experimenting I settled for treegen.zip by Feng Zhu (trees reduced in size and I made them a tad brighter, but that's to fit my taste)I still use the original grass although I have tried a few alternatives.I would say Photograss.zip by Moskvin Stanislav ranks among the best so far. Regards,Jure

Guest ThrottleUp

This is one of those cases where its hard to ask "which is the best" since its a very individual thing :)My advice would be to to try them all out and take screenshots of them which you can then browse through later. It will help you decide.Feng Zhus treegen is excellent, I like the clumps it creates, gives FS9 an FSX feel hee hee!

>Picnic v1>:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxscen&DLID=110723>>Do these grass textures work in FS9?Thanks

Guest blaster331

Thanks for the replies.looks like Rob's suggestion of picnic v1 is for meThanks RobBest regardsAndrew

I Real Environment Pro. Can I use some of these grass and tree texture replacements and not mess up Real Environment Pro? jerrycwo4

Just make a backup of both texture folders (/Texture and scenery/world/texture) and try it. I heard someone who had installed GEP and Picnic v1 without problems.Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Picnic will replace "detail1.bmp" in your SceneryWorldTexture folder and that's all. It first makes a "PicNic_Original_Tex.zip" file in the main FS9 folder which is a backup of your existing detail1.bmp.Real Environment Pro also has a replacement for detail1.bmp if you choose the "3D Environment Bitmap" option, so yes, in a very small way Picnic will conflict with Real Environment Pro. It won't however interfere with any of REP's water, runway, sky, sun, or tree modifications.I'd say go for it, if you can't find a grass texture from Picnic's 15 available options that you like better than REP's single option, you can always revert by either uninstalling Picnic (and restoring the backup) or by reinstalling the "3D Environment Bitmap" option using REP's setup program.Jim