Sign in to follow this  
garydpoole

FSGenesis World Buffer Terrain - What Does it Do ???

Hi My FS2004 Terrain DVD Bundle from FSGenesis turned up in the post yesterday and with it was a free DVD entitled "World Buffer Terrain".I'm just wondering exactly what the contents of this DVD actually do. I seem to remember reading somewhere that buffer meshes help prevent scenery "tearing" when certain fs9.cfg options are tweaked, however, this may be complete rubbish and a figment of my imagination !!!I was wondering if some could please clarify the situation and suggest whether or not i should install the contents of said DVD.Also, another freebie (the whole package was excellent value for money - especially here in the UK) was US National Landclass Project. Quick question, is this compatible with UT USA and if so, what difference could i expect ?Many thanks in advanceGary

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>>>Also, another freebie (the whole package was excellent value>for money - especially here in the UK) was US National>Landclass Project. Quick question, is this compatible with UT>USA and if so, what difference could i expect ?Get this to use both. I think the general feeling is FSG LC is better, except in urban areas. This patch extracts the UT-USA urban LC data which you can install in a higher priority scenery area "on top" of the FSG LC.http://www.scenerysolutions.com/UT/Patch/FsgPatch.zipscott s..