Sign in to follow this  
dfish

Majestic DHC-8

I've had the PSS Dash 8 forever, so I've been looking at the Majestic Dash 8 with interest. What could I expect, is their model way ahead of PSS? What I'm trying to say is, will I be blown away!!!!!!!!!!!!Dave FisherCYYZP4 Prescott 3.2e 478p 800mhz 1mg CPUP4P800SE Asus Motherboard2.5 gig PC3200 DDR RAM 400MHZGeForce 7600GT/512 OC'dMaxtor 80 Gig ATA 133 HD x2WDC WD800 80 Gig HDAntec 500watt true powerSharp 19 inch LCD MonitorSaitek AV8R-01 Joystickhttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

Yes, you WILL, Dave. ;)PSS model is quite old now and has never looked good to me.And, what's important, switching from PSS to Majestic you upgrade not only the model, but first of all systems and realism (plus fully operational VC if you care). I believe this is definitely the best turboprop for MFS around. It is even available in a version for commercial pilots' training.Majestic Dash costs a lot and is not easy to learn. The 2D panel bitmap lacks artism. Plus the aircraft could be a bit lighter for FPS (though my PC is not very modern I must admit). Apart from thsese, it is so professional and enjoyable that you will get a strong blow.Best regards,Rafal

Hi,I looked at it about a month ago and almost bought it.The flightmodel and system rendering are great (what I understood from others),but the FMC data is not updated, that is: only once in a very long while (yearly or so)For me that was a no-go. So if you want an FMC with monthly updated navdata, be advised.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

>the FMC data is not updatedThat is true and I should have mentioned it.Not a nice thing really today to fly outdated AIRACs, especially on VATSIM.Best regards,Rafal

Guest monsoon

be prepared for a fs98 panel texture though. not that great. would expect way better