Sign in to follow this  
Guest tmond

Setting visability in FS9.CFG file

Guest tmond

Would someone please tell me what item i need to change this to 30 Miles.Tim

Hi Tim, If you fly with real world weather (like I do), the only ways that I know of (there may be others) to influence the visibility settings are either with a registered version of FSUIPC or by changing the MAX_UNLIMITED_VIS=xxxxx line in fs9.cfg. If you change this line, be advised it will revert to the default value of 96500 if you make any changes to the display settings. What I have done is set mine to between 53000 and 60000 and have installed John Ci's file entitled Soft Horizons, which can again to be found in the library. Depending on WX conditions, it will yield views found in the attached pic. Hope this helpsRegards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers PC6400 Seagate 250GB 7200.10 SATA2 Gigabyte X800XT -Cat 6.12's CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

Guest ThrottleUp

I too highly recommend Soft Horizons, it gives excellent resutls...specially if you also drop the visibility slider a notch :)

Guest tmond

Hi Kendall. Very nice picture.:-) #1. I use ActiveSky(ASV6) Which is I guess you can say is real world weather.It is online updated every how many minutes you want it updated That you set it for.I'm sure you know the program......#2. I have FSUIPC but to be honest with you I don't know how to set what I want in there. Maybe you could Walk me through it?#3 Ok. I have "soft Horizons" installed as well. What I want is to set my visablity To, is 25-30 miles and the same with cloud draw.#4. I have what I think is a excellent addon called "aquarama"(from Avsim) in which it states to set visability to what is mentioned in #3 Which is what I want to do. The setting that this program states is in "customize weather". I have set it to 30 miles and each time after I use the program I go back and check that setting and it has changed to "maximum" and I don't know what to do.#5 Can "soft horizons" change you distance visability? I might be wrong but I don't think so.(P.S.......My FSUIPC is registered)Regards.Tim :-)

Hello TimSet your maximum Visibility in ActiveSky's options page to 29 Milesthis will do what you want

TimI am not quite sure about this but Soft horizons may not work with Activesky i believe that each time you use ASV it will overwrite the soft horizons sky textures(something like that anyway).It shouldn't be a problem though as Activesky always seems (to me anyway)to set reasonably hazy horizons anyway.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Guest tmond

Ya know Andy............your probably right. Do you hv it installed and if so are you removing it?:-)