Sign in to follow this  
Guest GA Flyer

From time to time...

...there are things that come along in FS or to do with enhancing FS that brings joy to the average simmer. Some big moments for me was when I first discover Squawkbox and when FS introduced AI, ATC and autogen making flat dead virtual world have some life. Other then that there have been many things that are great and leave me amazed but not on that kind of level. Until now.I just discovered FSEconomy and am taken away with how well it works, how simple it is and how real it can make the kind of simming I do seem real. Hard to believe I'm just discovering it since its been around for awhile but am very happy I did. I'm posting this in case there are others who dont know about it like me a week ago to share with you an option to FS that I've never seen done before for our hobby on this type of level. Since it is free I should be able to post the website but just incase thats taboo then just do a google search.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have always been curious about this program. I use fspassengers but only for the ability to perform aircraft maintenance and keep a track of the 15 freighters my virtual airline use. Does this program work the same or is it better?Rob

Its different then FSPassenger. First big thing to know about FSE is that jets are taboo. Instead of VA's you have "groups". You can own a/c as a group or as an individual. All planes in FSE require maintenance (100 hour checks). However, its not about owning, renting, running or controlling anything...but they are all there for you to do they way you want to do it.The thing about FSE that I like the most is its simple to use, can make FS seem as real to life as you want it to be, is community based, can be used online or off line and is free on top of it all.The best thing to consider doing is to join their forum which opens up all the menu items on their webpage. This will allow you to see what all users see. Then read the manual from front to back which will help you understand a lot about FSE. Once you've done that and do your first FSE it will all come together and you can see how simple it works on behalf of what you have to do.

I agree with you for anybody who likes to fly light aircraft this is a great site.I fly mainly large passenger aircraft for Airsource and the great thing about Airsource is the ability to fly all the worlds airlines (or most)and all the real liveries,rather than just one VA livery which is the norm.It would be great if some of FSEconomies ideas could be added to Airsource IE Hiring,renting aircraft,buying your own aircraft,transporting goods paying for fuel etc etc.FSEconomy is one area where FSX might play a role too as its often remote airports and fields you fly to and that CAN be easier on the sim than trying to fly 747s out of Heathrow at 5 frames a second.GAers should check it out.Might even try it again SOON myself,possibly with FSX.Cheers Andy

Isn't it nice that even being in the hobby for so long you can still get the "WoW" factor when you discover something new in this great addiction, er , I mean hobby? I don't know what's more amazing - the program FSEconomy itself or the fact that it is all community driven by volunteers to keep it running smooth. So professionally done but still feels like a nice community. But what a HUGE community.For those who say they are bored with FS or who only fly the heavies, you should give this a try an discover a whole new aspect of the sim.

If it weren't for FSE (and recently I've gotten into FS Cargo as well), I doubt I'd even use fs2004 much. The thing these programs really give me is what pilots call "get there-itis". With these programs, you have a goal and combine that with variable weather and smaller airstrips, can lead to some exciting flights. Try a couple flights in the Washington State area at night with real weather... boring is not an option!Personally, I get bored with flying heavy iron. Sure, I'll pick up the latest and greatest add-on, learn it, study it, master it, etc. However, once I get to that point, I get kind of bored... I know people out there spice things up with online flying and everything, and that is great, but for me I need something different. On top of these programs, you also need to find yourself a good random failure generation program. I use FSFailure myself... Give yourself a definite place to be, with a time limit to get there, plus the randomness of the weather, with the chance of aircraft failure at any time... that should keep things fresh for awhile. You heavy iron flyers owe it to yourself to give FSEconomy a try... it is free, and you can use any GA aircraft you like.