Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ted_Thompson

Disappointing 767-200

Guest Albatross7107

I DLed POSKY's 767-200 but was disappointed to find no VC :(Are there any others out there? Or Is there another model that is close? (like an Airbus BlahBlahBlah or what have you...)

Pffff.... luckily you downloaded it for free, nada.Imaging what would happen if you paid for it....Posky models are among the best in the business.If you want a 767 with a VC, grab your wallet and buy the one of LevelD.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Whats the world coming to when FREEWARE developers wont give us LVLD and PMDG quality interiors?? it's an outrage!

Rob Prest

>Whats the world coming to when FREEWARE developers wont give>us LVLD and PMDG quality interiors?? it's an outrage! LOL.RegardsErnie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Guest Albatross7107

Alright, I'm going to assume that was in jest, or that some how my statement was misconstrued as derogatory.I didn't feel it necessary to compose an 18 page laudatory dissertation of all the positive aspects of OpenSky or their products before positing a question.The only "con" among many "pros" that I saw in this model was the absence of a "Virtual Cockpit", as this is how I prefer to fly aircraft in FS9.Since virtual cockpits are NOT uncommon in the various freeware aircraft I have downloaded I was somewhat surprised.I am not trying to get involved in anyway with, shall we say, the "passionate debate" of the merits of one school of simulation thought over another, or of one developer v another, or of freeware v payware.All I wanted to know was as follows:A) are there any 767 out there with a VC (partially answered "LevelD" - next question here would be "does anyone know this aircraft, and would they recomend it?"and :( what other airliners would be considered the real life "competitor's equivalent" of the Boeing 767-200, and can anyone suggest an FS9 model for that?

Guest Albatross7107

A matter of perspectives...Seems you folks knew something I didn't, I shall illustrate.Along with all the usual credits in the downloads "readme" it says the following..."Install: Just unzip the file and send the Aircrafts folder to the FS2004 AIRCRAFT FOLDER."And that's all... no other instructions. Lo and behold I took a peek now at the directory and realize there is an EFFECTS folder, a FAQ folder, and a SCENERIOS folder...When I installed it last night, I did exactly as I was "told" in the readme. Now I'll go back and install the effects and scenerios, and have a look at the FAQ. >_

The LevelD 767 is highly regarded and highly recommended by a lot of professional reviewers, as well as individual comments in various forums. You cannot find a better and more detailed 767 at this point.I have it myself and love it.Pat

>Alright, I'm going to assume that was in jest, or that some>how my statement was misconstrued as derogatory.>I guess it was indeed your tone.Anyway the payware LevelD 767 has a good VC, plus a pretty accurate system rendering and FMC.Without exception every user will tell it's the best around and one of the best add-ons available for FS9.Check http://www.leveldsim.com/sevensix_home.asp for more info. Since it is an Flight1 release, I think it has an 30days money back garantuee, so if you don't like it, you can 'return' it.Be advised: LevelD is an 767-300 and not a 200.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

To answer your question in a normal manner, you might want to check out the Overland Boeing package: http://secure.simmarket.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=2032.It comes with a B763, with great VC and panel. Dozens and dozens of liveries are available, add a soundset from the library and you're good to go. As a bonus you get a wide variety of other Boeings as well. And if you're interested, why not look at their Airbus package: http://secure.simmarket.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=2031.Wide variety, VCs, panels, plenty of liveries in the library, etc...And a good price.;-)

Mike...

Guest Albatross7107

This is the sort of answer I was hoping for - and I've had a look, very nice from the screen shots, and at about $30 you get alot of aircraft there.Now the levelD porduct also looks very good - too good in fact, it looks like it converts FS2004 into a 767 *trainer* O_OI was hoping for something that had it's behavior more inline with the 737 and 747 that came *with* FS9.Would you say that the Overland Boeings are more along the lines of the default aircraft, or the prototype?Would you be willing to post a screen shot of their 767-300's VC?

>This is the sort of answer I was hoping for - and I've had a>look, very nice from the screen shots, and at about $30 you>get alot of aircraft there.>>Now the levelD porduct also looks very good - too good in>fact, it looks like it converts FS2004 into a 767 *trainer* >O_O>>I was hoping for something that had it's behavior more inline>with the 737 and 747 that came *with* FS9.>>Would you say that the Overland Boeings are more along the>lines of the default aircraft, or the prototype?>>Would you be willing to post a screen shot of their 767-300's>VC?there like default system level wise if you want it cheaper get it at fspilotshop for $26.00 dollars that's a #### of a good price for all those planes. http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=972 overlands site there working on a update to there planes for fs2004 and fsx. http://www.overland.co.jp/english/sms/w-airlines.html

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Here's a shot of the 763 VC, zoomed out, if you want to see something up close, let me know.Copy and paste to a new tab/window, because it's too big for the boards and I didn't want to resize.http://users.telenet.be/mike-online/763VC.jpg

Mike...

>I was hoping for something that had it's behavior more inline>with the 737 and 747 that came *with* FS9.Then get the Overland Package.

Guest Albatross7107

Well then I think I will go with Overland.I would say in conclusion that the POSKY 767 is a great plane, in fact given it's "real world" dynamics I am surprised at how well I handle it, being a Heavy novice.Took a flight from Harrisburg to Miami last night, no troubles. I did land a bit hard (front wheels on the main gear bounced up, tho the rear ones appeared to stay on the pavement) I didn't get the lift I thought I would during the flare... And dispite the negative opinions of it's taxing performance, I had no trouble navigating it on the ground.The two big things I found were that it was hard to FIND the manual on the website, and the readme file was misleading. There's also conflicting info on the VC. There's credit for it in the CFG file, even tho it's not there, and on the website there are references to it "being released later" but it appears that the plane was released in 2005, so I'm thinking it's not coming...Too bad, because if it was there, I'd likely stick with it.