Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlueString

200 ft long runways?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This is probably a "star" on a custom AFCAD. The dummy runways are made in order to activate non parallel runways.You can remove the star using AFCAD, but your airport will be limited to one active runway then

OkIs there anyway to change the AFCAD so it will only use the parallel runway for landings? It sucks when going short final for 31R there is another plane landing on 22R also on short final..

>Ok>>Is there anyway to change the AFCAD so it will only use the>parallel runway for landings? It sucks when going short final>for 31R there is another plane landing on 22R also on short>final.. To the best of my knowledge, the answer is - no. I believe it's an all or nothing situation.

I don't believe there is any requirement to have runway starts on the "star" runways. They could probably be deleted with AFCAD2.scott s..

You need AFCAD2 to look at the runway properties.1. Each fake runway should be closed for landing and takeoff on both ends.2. There should be no start locations for each of the fake runways.3. Change the position of each fake runway - make the location N70 degrees - that takes them far enough away from your airport so that the ATC cannot assign aircraft to use them.However, the ATIS will still list all the fake runways as open for takeoff and landing. That's just a limitation you have to live with.If your airport is KJFK, many people break up the default taxiway A and taxiway B segmentation when they work on AFCAD files - that causes aircraft far across the airport to hold for other aircraft.Unfortunately, the only way to get that segmentation and better taxi behavior back is to delete the addon AFCAD file and try to recreate it from the stock airport data. An involved task for an airport that large/ busy.

I have this problem too. But then I noticed it was 10000 feet wide.Oh groan.... I'll leave now. :7

Well sometimes ATC assigns the runways. How do I get rid of that? I can't seem to find the runway in AFCAD.