Sign in to follow this  
crash_continental

Yoke/Joystick switcher

Does anyone know of a program (or some hardware) for switching up yokes/joystick without having to unplug them? Here's what I have; a Saitek Pro Yoke system (for Boeings, etc.) and a Forcefeedback (for Airbuses, etc.). I'd like not to have to constantly plug/unplug them from their USB ports and switch over when I go from one type to the next. A little program that would null one and activate the other would be perfect, or even a hardware switch. Any ideas? Thanks.- daniel

The payware version of FSUIPC allows you to set up aircraft specific configurations where your joystick assignments are for that aircraft so you can have a joystick and a yoke hooked up to the computer and FSUIPC set up so that only joystick equipped aircraft use the joystick and yoke type aircraft use the yoke.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

I don't know about the others, but I've found that even with FSUIPC there occur conflicts if both yoke and joystick are connected. So to be sure, I remove the one I will not be using in the game controllers applet in Control Panel. My yoke is a game port connection and the joystick is USB. I have USB connectors in the front panel of the computer, so it's no problem to disconnect it or connect it while all the time leaving the yoke connected.Jim D.