Sign in to follow this  
Guest merlin2

great for a month or so but!

Guest merlin2

How many of you bought addons like FS Crew, FSCopilot, etc and after a month or two you stopped using them? not because they are bad programmes, but after a time they become so predictable and just get sidelined? Howard

>How many of you bought addons like FS Crew, FSCopilot, etc>and after a month or two you stopped using them? not because>they are bad programmes, but after a time they become so>predictable and just get sidelined? > HowardI have bought two FS2crew version and used them for a while. When it comes to the LD767 version I have decided that I prefer to use that plane without FS2crew. When it comes to the ATR 72-500 version I'm using it right now. I havn't decided if I will keep it.My feelings for them are mixed. It is indeed more realistic that you don't do everything yourself and that there is dialogue between you and the copilot. On the other hand keeping track of when you are to press certain clickspot and press the main and secondary button is very difficult. And I see no point in clicking a button to play dialogue like I wan't coffe or I feel great.And I think they should have choosen another plane i.e DF 727 because here the crew needs to do many things simultaneously.

I use and love Flight Deck Companion (FDC) and use it in my larger aircraft(437, 747, 767 etc), but yesterday I purchased the newest version of FS PASSENGERS and really like it. I've been flying the Cessna Citation X lately ( on a trip from Lisbon, Portugal, thru ALL of the captails in Europe, and on Eastward, and was on a leg to Baghdad while using the new FS Passengers which warned me that Baghdad was in a "war zone", yea, yea, everybody knows that so I blew it off and when I was about 40 miles out, all of a sudden, loud alarms and bright flashing lights went off. First I lost all hydrallics (sp), then lost Starboard engine, then lost Port engine and had to make a gear-up crash landing. Then FSPassenger advised me that I had been SHOT down by small arms and antiaircraft fire. So, yes, FSPassengers DID spice up my flight. jerrycwo4

As the developer of FS2Crew, I'd like to point out that the 'predictability' factor mentioned is accurate more or less, but given that FS2Crew attempts to model real-world airline crew interaction (using procedures from actual airlines) the predictability aspect is quite realistic and deliberate.Airline flying is generally very mundane and scripted 99 percent of the time. The action flows of the crew which FS2Crew models are really just like a choreographed role-play that crews will act out several times a day depending on how many sectors they have.Crew coordination isn't meant to 'interpretive dance' unless you're flying with some renegade who likes to make up their own SOPs :-)Some people really enjoy the structure of FS2Crew, others might find it not their style.That's why I suggest that all prospective customers read the reviews before purchasing.Cheers,Bryan

You have to to use a variety of game options. If you fly with the ATR with fs2crew every day, sure you'll get fed up. But that's how it is in the real world- routine flights, same destinations, routes etc.I use fs2crew with the PMDG737, and the Level D 767.Sometimes I fly these without fs2crew, so i can figure out by myself how to go from a cold and dark cockpit situation, taxi, take of, navigate/ fly , land and turn everything off.Just vary your routine, change weather, passenger load and then fs2crew won't bore you.Eytan