Sign in to follow this  
windycloud

CS757 vs PSS757 Honest Opinion

Guest iphitus

The 757 and 767 cockpits are almost identical. So you could always get the LD767 and merge it with a 757 model. This has been done, I recall seeing one linked off the BAV site.Someone earlier mentioned an upcoming 757 that didnt have an FMC. You could get that and add Integrated Simavionics into it.

Guest 247

I like the PSS 757 really nice easy plane to fly, Captain Sim doesnt desrve my cash.

Guest DALTech_Ops

>>So just one question, if you fly the leveld 767 then the 747 pmdg and you fly the PSS T7 you don't feel that there is a lot of difference in the way the aircraft behave?Don't tell me that the T7 is another aircraft and you can't compare with the other mentioned two but there is a huge difference.I am not agree in what Mark say, the autopilot programming with fde are strictly complement for the behave of the aircraft.<

Guest nihongo

>>>So just one question, if you fly the leveld 767 then the>747 pmdg and you fly the PSS T7 you don't feel that there is a>lot of difference in the way the aircraft behave?>Don't tell me that the T7 is another aircraft and you can't>compare with the other mentioned two but there is a huge>difference.>I am not agree in what Mark say, the autopilot programming>with fde are strictly complement for the behave of the>aircraft.<<>>>Now this is just utter nonsense. I think you give this game>way too much credit.>>In MSFS, just set the flaps in any aircraft, LevelD, PMDG,>Captain Sim, (All of which I have) and advance the throttles>and away you go. Not much to it. My 5 year old flys it.>>Now on the other hand, attempt to do the same in an actual>simulator programmed for each of the variants mentioned above>and its a whole different story. There is a reason those>things cost between 35-50 million and its not solely because>of the beutiful 3D imaging. >>MitchMaybe the POSKY stuff, but not PSS (or even the PMDG).From the 777 PSS I noticed MEGA differences with the 757. The 767/757 turned up in the very early 1980s, where the 777 didn't show until the Mid 90s.There is so much more to the real thing, but who is going to fork out a few million dollars for a state of the art (1 type only) simulator, which would be a lot of fun (SERIOUS fun I mean) but my bank account doesn't exactly contain similar amounts of money that Airline companies have. Anyway, I have successfully used FS to hone my flying skills, and even the US Navy admits to using it.MSFS is an excellent IFR and flight training tool. It has limitations but it is worth it in flight hours.

Guest DALTech_Ops

>>I have successfully used FS to hone my flying skills, and even the US Navy admits to using it.<

>>>So just one question, if you fly the leveld 767 then the>747 pmdg and you fly the PSS T7 you don't feel that there is a>lot of difference in the way the aircraft behave?>Don't tell me that the T7 is another aircraft and you can't>compare with the other mentioned two but there is a huge>difference.>I am not agree in what Mark say, the autopilot programming>with fde are strictly complement for the behave of the>aircraft.<<>>>Now this is just utter nonsense. I think you give this game>way too much credit.>>In MSFS, just set the flaps in any aircraft, LevelD, PMDG,>Captain Sim, (All of which I have) and advance the throttles>and away you go. Not much to it. My 5 year old flys it.>>Now on the other hand, attempt to do the same in an actual>simulator programmed for each of the variants mentioned above>and its a whole different story. There is a reason those>things cost between 35-50 million and its not solely because>of the beutiful 3D imaging. >>MitchWhile I don't suggest FS flying is a substitute for real world or professional simulator flying, I think it's a stretch to suggest, an FS pilot couldn't fly one at all! A couple of years back Avsim had their annual convention in Denver, and a number of people got the chance to buy time on the Pro simulators at United Airlines. From all reports, most handled them just fine. While I never got the chance myself to do that in a real sim, and I am not a pilot, FS flying has helped me fly, perform aerobatic maneuvers, and land a real Mustang (TF-51D with a qualified instructor). Lee Lauderback who is one of the most noted instructors of the Mustang in the country said that I flew it better than most first timers, to the point, he just talked me through the maneuvers, rather than demo them first which he normally did with first time non-pilots. He even let me land the plane. The hardest part was trim, that plane always wanted to climb!! Check out my videos of the flight!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Tom those are your videos? Weren't they (or one of them)featured on AVWEB? I work with two 1,000+ hour pilots who fly a Meridian and a Cirrus. We watched that video and all agreed you did a great job. We thought you were at least a veteran GA pilot. Now I have to tell the cirrus guy you did great because you are a MSFS pilot. He laughs at me for "flying on a computer". But I got my chance to laugh back when he couldn't manage a landing in my 172. Thank god he did a great job on the go-around. Otherwise I'd still be talking to the insurance people if not my doctor at the same time. Ha anyway. Good to know you are one of us here.Re. the CS757 I've been looking at it. Their next update may just make me pull out my wallet. The only CS product I bought was the C130 when on sale. Visually stunning plane. I don't fly it anymore because of the rather low gauge refresh rate in VC. I for one don't have problem with CS because...well I never have to deal with them. The way this 757 develops I think many who said "to NEVER buy from them, they suck" will dish up their own words and buy. Rather laughable situation I think.Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Guest DALTech_Ops

>>While I don't suggest FS flying is a substitute for real world or professional simulator flying, I think it's a stretch to suggest, an FS pilot couldn't fly one at all! A couple of years back Avsim had their annual convention in Denver, and a number of people got the chance to buy time on the Pro simulators at United Airlines.<

Those who think that "Captain Sim doesn't deserve my cash" or say "I would never buy their Block F anyway" just don't know what they are missing.I bought the Block F and I love it! The visual model is great, the FMC and systems perform beautifully and the FDE is very stable and great to hand-fly. The only bug, as mentioned before, is the brake problem... but aside from that, I've done about a dozen flights in it - all completed flawlessly! :-coolI bought the PSS package as well... when it first came out. The systems and flight dynamics were poor and the visual model simply isn't accurate. I can't vouch for the performance of it AFTER the patches because I never bothered to patch it. I was kind of disappointed so I just stuck it in the hangar and chalked it up to a poor purchase. No harm done...:-roll My vote is for the Captain Sim 757 Block F... it's visually stunning and very well-modeled, system-wise! Might be a bit pricey for some, but in my opinion, it is worth it!Face it... NO ONE is going to make a fully functional 757 package for FS9.. not even the "high and mighty" people at Level-D! (I seriously doubt they are even doing one for FSX!...Three years and nothing?? Talk about people having to wait!!):-violin QualityWings has a beautiful VISUAL model, but their payware package is going to be a "lite" package - along the lines of CLS... no hardcore systems, but great eye candy!So your choices boil down to PSS or Captain Sim... and since PSS is gone, I recommend Captain Sim. In my opinion, it was money well-spent! As for their customer service... I have no opinion, since I rarely ever need support (reading the manual always seems to answer A LOT of questions!):-shy -Alex

I'm mildly curious - how do you update the airac data?regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Guest dpiedrahita

>In my opinion Captain Sim is way better than PSS. I owned the>PSS 757 but I never liked it. Captain Sim may have a few bugs>but I am sure they will catch up. I have their product and I>have been waiting for the update for 2 years. Captain Sim is>more realistic over the PSS.>>That's got to be one of the most generic and ambiguous statements I've ever seen. It's good to know your opinion, but it is of no real value to someone trying to determine which vendor to buy from because we have no idea WHY you don't like it. I always have to know the why, because what's important to one person might not be to another.I bought the CS 757 quite a while ago for like $10 or something real cheap, and all it turned out to be was $10 for a fancy default aircraft. That's MY fault for not knowing what I was getting, but I don't like the plane because all it was (until Block F) was a model, albeit a really nice one. I've got no interest in ever doing business with CS again, as for each person who has nice things to say about their products you've got about 20 (literally) who curse them.I bought the JF PSS 757 around Easter when it was on sale and I can say it's probably a pretty good value for money, but neither of the PSS Boeings (I own the 777-200) are in the class of Level-D and PMDG. Those are two add-ons that are just a cut above the rest. PSS exterior models apparently aren't that good (they look like a 757 and a 777 to me, but I can see some areas for improvement), and there are some systems modeling that I really would have liked to see included with PSS, namely weather deviation and realistic fuel pumps. I can do an entire flight from C&D with the PSS 757 and never turn on the fuel pumps. That's irritating and I only let it slide because there's really no other alternative. When I bought it for 50USD it's really quite a good value. It's got good (not excellent) systems modelling and I got 3 models (-200, -300, and Freighter) with a lot of repaints for $50. There's a trade-off there, as you get a lot of models but some of the systems or in-depth items are a bit incomplete. I would DIE for Level-D to have released -200 and -400 models (I understand the cockpit of the -400 is different), but alas they have an absolutely phenomenal package and I love the one model they provide. The PSS 757 compensates for it's model offerings with lower frames, lower complexity/realism, and ok models. It's a little rough around the edges and you can tell it didn't have as much attention to detail as I think a plane like the 757 deserved, but nonetheless it's a good value and I enjoy it when I fly it. I just find I fly my 767 and 747 a lot more.

Guest ToMy Li

Im purchased the 757 CaptainSim days ago, mate I recommend you to uninstall it and skip it, I hope should be freeware...

Why did I do this to myself? WHY? WHY? I could have spent the 35 Euro on a nice shiny baseball bat and smashed myself in the head. Maybe on cheap liquor and drank myself into a drunken stupor. But NOOOOOOO, curiosity got the best of me and I...I...I, I purchased the Captain Sim 757. *sigh* I'd like to test it out and give an accurate report here. Unfortunately, the engines don't start. SO no problem, I figured I'll just write a note to tech support, but the account setup doesn't work so I can't get liveries or tech support. Okay, well, I'll go look at the cool virtual cabin....whoops, can't get the cabin to show up despite having it selected in the ACE.Here is some wisdom. When given a choice between. A) Spending your money on Captain Sim vs. :( Driving down the street and throwing your money out of the window, may I suggest :(. At least that way, you don't expect anything in return.Way to go there Captain, great job!

May be it is is time to RTFM??? Don't you think that if nobody could start engines there would be more reports on this?It always amazes me how people blame developers for their own inability to use complex product.

RTFM? Don't be silly young lad, being that I know how to start the aircraft including the PSS 757 and the LDS 767 which has the SAME START PROCEDURE.You must be one of those who blame the USER for everything because it IS DOCUMENTED that the CS 757 doesn't start correctly with duct air pressure. It always amazes me how people blame the user for the developers inability to properly model a complex product. Maybe YOU should RTFF and get up to speed.