Sign in to follow this  
tnbriggs

Landing at PHOG

I've been trying to land the POSKY 767 at PHOG rw02 and can't seem to get it on the beam. I'm flying a GPS approach (not ILS) from CAMPS and the plane never aligns with the runway soon enough. It's usually off to the west and not even parallel to the RW

Real world GPS approaches do not always precisely line you up with the runway. Sometimes the heading from the last fix to the end of the runway will differ by several degrees from the actual runway heading.Todd

GPS approaches are not necessarily designed to get you aligned with the rynway, but near the it. Theoretically, you'll bust out of the clouds before the missed approach point If I knew the exact approach and could see the chart, I could tell you how it would be flown in the real-world. Though, even without the chart, I can give you a vague overview. You would fly the approach, sticking to the altitudes given on the approach plate, if you see the runway at any time during the approach -and it is clear that you will not lose sight of it again (i.e. no clouds are going to pass between you and it on the way down) - then you simply fly visually from there on in. Otherwise, you just fly the approach to the MAP.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satellite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004, MIDCON P-401"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

If you look at the charts, the ILS 02 goes CAMPS-TEBBS-RITTI-RW02 on a course of 024.RNAV(GPS) 02 goesCAMPS-PUKUE-SABAE-RW02 on a course of 021.runway heading is shown as 025.So the GPS approach will require you turning to the right slightly. I assume that was done to allow for navigational accuracy, keeping farther from the mountains. Since the straight-in minimum is 400ft, that should not be a problem.scott s..

Guest nihongo

Are you tuning the ILS of the runway and the NDB/VOR? Having both these tuned will allow you to line up well before you even see the runway.Even I fly my BIG Jets on A/P I make sure the NAVs are tuned to the right frequencies. Note: Always have a plan B, or a plan to get you out of trouble. FS9 is great, but it has a lot of inadequacies when it comes to simulating EVERYTHING.For the computing power it requires and uses it does a fine job.