Sign in to follow this  
Guest gunnarmd

Maps2Bgl - Offline alternative to the program TileProxy

Guest gunnarmd

Hallo Hugo,with freeware one can't probably of competition speak.

Hello all,I contacted Hugo about creating a walk-through for newcomers to his awesome program. I will be working on this tonight and post it here on AVSIM hopefully tomorow. I am going to create an example with screenshots that will take you through the entire process, and I will be available to answer questions here. This should help those of you who are having a difficult time understanding Hugo's translation, which he has done very well.

Guest hma

Hi "Rightseater",I am flattered, but honestly, I have nothing to do with the achievements of GUNNAR from Magdeburg, Germany. I, however, would be very happy with his knowledge for programming such wonderful addon. Hugo

My apologies. I did a quick copy and paste to make sure I gave proper credit and accidently went to the wrong name. I gave the correct name in my guide that I uploaded tonight.

WOW! AND it works as advertised. A SIMPLE .ini edit and I am now downloading 308,000 files for the entire state of Illinois (yes, I'm greedy). A job well done! Warm Regards,Mike T.

Wow, Great job, this will prolong FS9 forever :)Thank you Gunnard and thanks for the tutorial Jeremy. Mike, are you doing that as one grab or multiple .kml files?Thanks everyone,-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme2 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1 + single SATA 3Gb/s swap drivePCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

OK, another question.Does it make a difference how zoomed in you are when you select the area in Google? For example will I get more detailed scenery in FS if I zoom in using GE opposed to zooming out and grabbing a larger area?Also, I created an area around my house in NJ and it created the scenery fine but it also created a large black hole next to the scenery in the middle of NJ... Any ideas?Thank you again,-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme2 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Paul,I hope to be swiftly corrected if I am wrong, but it is my belief that the zoom level in GE will make no difference. As I understand it, each tile is automatically corrected to a specific zoom level. I have experimented with very close up images and then from far away, and have noticed no difference. However, I have been working with the VE the past couple of days and found that you can use the birdseye views and closeup 3D aerial images to your advantage. I have not perfected this yet, but when I do I will share my findings.

Hi Gunnar,Thank you very much for your smart program.I used it few days with Google but now I can't download any more tiles and get the "Download impossible" message even after waiting a day or two.So I tried to switch to VE but here I don't understand how to create a polygon I can save as a .kml file and didn't find any explanation.Any help would be welcome :--)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest gunnarmd

Hallo David,One can in such a way solve the problems with the Download:1. changing the own IP-number and continuing the download2. use the second service (no restrictions), edit the maps.ini:#SERVICE=g*****.*** VERSION=&v=26SERVICE=v******earth.net VERSION=.jpeg?g=52The char "#" at the beginning of the line changes this setting.Best regards,Gunnar from Magdeburg in Germany

Thanks GunnarMy problem with VE is how to use it :--)With GE I know how to select a region and save it before importing it into Maps2Bgl but not with VE where I can't find any " draw a polygon" button and how to save the area in .kml format(For GE, I can't change my IP which is static and not dynamic)Best regards,

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest gunnarmd

Hallo David,one makes the selection of the area likewise with GE. I use this program only as tool around the coordinates of the area simply to determine.

Correct me if I'm wrong but can't you save the kml file in Google Earth and then download from Virtual Earth?John

Guest gunnarmd

Hallo,I must repeat myself again. One makes the selection of the area likewise with GE. I use this program only as tool around the coordinates of the area simply to determine.One can register the coordinates for the left upper corner and the right lower corner also simply in the program window. I found that however too complicated, therefore I had taken this ingenious globe (GE) to assistance.

Hi all,If you want to use Virtual Earth instead of Google, you simply need to alter the ini file as directed, which means placing a # symbol in front of the line not used and removing it from the line being used. Then you create your polygon in Google Earth just as you normally would. When the files are downloaded they will come from Virtual Earth. Essentially Google Earth is just being used to assign the coordinates you want the tiles from. I am working on a guide right now that will show you how to use other programs as well. VE has a nice birdseye view that can be used, but I have not perfected it just yet.Hope this helps,- Jeremy