Sign in to follow this  
Guest gunnarmd

Maps2Bgl - Offline alternative to the program TileProxy

Hi, Paul~With respect to the bad blocks, you basically have three options:1. Do nothing and live with it (not a very good option, I know!)2. Create a water mask to let FS water texture show through (takes time)3. Use your artistic talent and paint in the blocks to your liking using a graphics program (you'll be painting the TGA file, not the individual tiles)Options 2 and 3 take quite an investment in time, but are necessary to address the ugly blocks. The results, however, are quite satisfying. Good luck and have fun.Doing all four seasons would be quite a monumental task if you plan on creating large scenery areas. Perhaps we need to start a scenery 'trading' library, although I don't know if there would be legal issues.Tawni

Hi, John~If you're handy with a graphics program, you can enhance those blotchy areas, but it's a very time consuming process. Some areas appear just to be colorized, those take a lot of airbrush time. But it's sort of fun and relaxing; almost a hobby unto itself! Have fun; Gunnar certainly to create a wonderful toy.Tawni

Guest gunnarmd

Hallo,I update version 1.8 to 1.8a . I can't guarantee that on each computer scenery.bgl one provides. That is particularly valid for very large Scenerien. In the new version again several BGL files are provided. There is however an option to provides only one BGL.http://www.g-daehling.de/fs2004/modules.ph...&op=view&lid=17

Gunnar:As to one of my previous posts:Is it possible to have the scenery (tiles) available in all seasons?Thanks.Paul.

Guest gunnarmd

Hallo Paul,the program uses the pictures of the map services. This gives it for the moment unfortunately only in a version. If that changes, one could surely adapt the program. For the moment is however future music.

Is there a better way (pointer) to select the area you want to download when you choose Add and Polygon?The way it does it now is not so great as it covers everything white so you can see the map below so you can select the area you want more detailed like just tracing around the area with the mouse.Thanks.

Guest Tiberius1250

Congratulations on your effort Gunnar, your scenery looks sublime.On the strength of some of the photo scenery shots posted on here I bought the full Just Flight VFR scenery set for the UK (I know this isn't the place to discuss another product, don't get me wrong). It's nice but overall I was a bit disappointed with it, even with the VFR terrain pack it looks quite bare and grainy at anything under 4000ft. Your screenshots look great though, I'm really hankering after FSX now for the extra resolution, in FS9 you can just about make out main roads and in some places that's difficult. I was wondering that with the Google images being more up to date, perhaps the images would look clearer even at the low res that FS9 is limited to? Some of the ones in the VFR pack are quite coloured. At least in the south of the UK the Virtual Earth tiles look clearer and less coloured than Google although I think from some of the landmarks they're a couple of years older. I could live with the default tiled scenery for the most part, if I just had some photo scenery in a few places I visit often. I do miss the autogen too, it looks ok from 2500ft upwards but near the ground it looks like the old FS98 days.As mentioned before, some kind of scenery sharing network would be great if it wasn't for the legal issues, I'm quite keen on doing some tiles for the northern tip of Scotland :)Anyway, very nice effort, well done.Regards, Bruce.

Guest kmentt

Hi Gunnard,First thank you very much for your great achievemt at this software.But its not working in FSX yet.I am writing in this forum because there are no messages for Maps2bgl in the FSX forum.As you know FSX is the main sim platform today and there are always 10 times more people viewing or playing FSX or X-Plane than FS9.You have in youy site an FSX version 2.6 released just now in May.However you keep telling people the latest version is 1.8a ?? I know its for FS( only, (must be), but the correct thing to say is ..."latest version is 2.6 (FSX only) and 1.8a (FS9).Ok back to operational issues:The IfranView enclosed with the program lacks the language.txt, so when you start the program it gives an error "missing language", this can be a problem if someone wants to use a batch to auto start Ifran32. I resolved this downloading the real Ifranview from their site.I choose virtualearth in the ini, select my kml file, download about 4000 tiles from the chose area, run the batch but nothing happens!In the temp dir I have just some bmp files and tiff filesThen I ran the bat file created of the area amd it creates bgl files that when inserted in the addon folder and actiuvate the scenery is just blank or grey.what does the resample.exe do, should this be the problem?Please advise if the program was tested in FSX. Thank you very much. regardsluis kbrasil

Guest kmentt

Gunnard,Hi, another thing:the captcha form to make Google download tiles is not working.It tries and opens a google page mentioning the error, sorry...etc check for spyware etc, but at the end of the page there is NO place to insert the code.Its not my comnputer problem, since I use G2xpl, a similar software that does the same for X-Plane, and using Google server, the captcha form activates, the Google page appears in MY language (portuguese) with the letters to type in the blank space that makes the download continue.So Google server is not usable right now with Maps2bgl.hope this tips helps you improve this ecellent add0n.luis

Guest gunnarmd

>Gunnard,>Hi, another thing:>the captcha form to make Google download tiles is not>working.>It tries and opens a google page mentioning the error,>sorry...etc check for spyware etc, but at the end of the page>there is NO place to insert the code.>>Its not my comnputer problem, since I use G2xpl, a similar>software that does the same for X-Plane, and using Google>server, the captcha form activates, the Google page appears in>MY language (portuguese) with the letters to type in the blank>space that makes the download continue.>>So Google server is not usable right now with Maps2bgl.>>hope this tips helps you improve this ecellent add0n.>>luisHallo Luis,you scroll completely downward in the window ?

Guest gunnarmd

>The IfranView enclosed with the program lacks the>language.txt, so when you start the program it gives an error>"missing language", this can be a problem if someone wants to>use a batch to auto start Ifran32. I resolved this downloading>the real Ifranview from their site.IrfanView is only for the work with this program configures. If one liked to use the program as usual, it must be installed completely.>I choose virtualearth in the ini, select my kml file, download>about 4000 tiles from the chose area, run the batch but>nothing happens!>>In the temp dir I have just some bmp files and tiff files>>Then I ran the bat file created of the area amd it creates bgl>files that when inserted in the addon folder and actiuvate the>scenery is just blank or grey.>>what does the resample.exe do, should this be the problem?>>Please advise if the program was tested in FSX. Thank you very>much. >>regards>luis k>brasilHave you tested the BGL files in the TMF-Viewer ?

Guest kmentt

>>>Hallo Luis,>>you scroll completely downward in the window ?>Gunnard,Yes! it is a squared window with no option to go further down...I dont know why, its strange because in X-Plane the captcha-form of the G2xpl software appears normally with the google page in local language (portuguese) and the place tu put the five letters.luis

Guest kmentt

>Have you tested the BGL files in the TMF-Viewer ?>>No. I

Guest gunnarmd

>>>>>>Hallo Luis,>>>>you scroll completely downward in the window ?>>>>Gunnard,>Yes! it is a squared window with no option to go further>down...I dont know why, its strange because in X-Plane the>captcha-form of the G2xpl software appears normally with the>google page in local language (portuguese) and the place tu>put the five letters.>>luis>Hallo Luis,with google gives it very rarely this error message. If one changed the IP, the Capcha appears with next time.

Guest kmentt

>>Hallo Luis,>>with google gives it very rarely this error message. If one>changed the IP, the Capcha appears with next time.>>>Gunnard,it happens all the time. here is a screenshot of the captcha page:appreciate any clue to solve this.good nightluis