Sign in to follow this  
Guest gunnarmd

Maps2Bgl - Offline alternative to the program TileProxy

Guest kmentt

>Hi,>>I uncheck the box for the polygon on the left hand side and>the white area goes away. It's in the Places section (drop>down arrow).>>Hope this helps,>-->Tom Gibson>>Cal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com>>Freeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com>>Drop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___Yes, of course, and you can also in the same place delete the polygon completely, right-clicking in View My Places section. But surely this are Google Earth related help issues that can be found in Google Earth forums.I really wish more doubts could be clarified regarding this topic, Maps2bgl, since it is the Maps2bgl thread. But few to none know something aparently.how do you increase virtual***** detail?how do you configure for southern hemisphere (virtual*****)Is it possible in future versions to include Yahoo maps?the how to erase white tiles was very interesting and useful.rgdsK

>Hi,>>I uncheck the box for the polygon on the left hand side and>the white area goes away. It's in the Places section (drop>down arrow).>>Hope this helps,>-->Tom GibsonTom, thanks for the answer, it works fine.Regards

Upgraded to latest version but when trying to download I get thefollowing message:"We're sorry...... but your query looks similar to automated requests from a computer virus or spyware application. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now. We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In the meantime, if you suspect that your computer or network has been infected, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover to make sure that your systems are free of viruses and other spurious software. If you're continually receiving this error, you may be able to resolve the problem by deleting your Gaggle cookie and revisiting Gaggle. For browser-specific instructions, please consult your browser's online support center. If your entire network is affected, more information is available in the Gaggle Web Search Help Center. We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on Gaggle To continue searching, please type the characters you see below:"Any ideas?Thanks & regards

Guest gunnarmd

>We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you>again on Gaggle To continue searching, please type the>characters you see below:"Type the characters in the box, then press ENTER. Then press the button "CONTINUE DOWNLOAD". That's all.

Guest Jos

Hi,May I ask if there exsists a tool that can sharpen the image ? I thought there was some program... or way to do it.The Maps2bgl program is really an amazing progress !Greetz. Jos

Guest ac772LR

I'm using version 1.8a, but I'm having trouble getting larger areas to show up. I'm trying to model Lisbon, but when I do the city proper, only a part of the city shows up as higher res. images. The rest are lower res. images, even though in VirtualEarth and Google, they are high res. I've tried to create several different area files, but only one will show up in the area. Any thoughts on how this can be overcome?Bill

If you have checked that box about low resolution textures, your specified area will be surrounded by a relatively large area of low res. Keep that in mind.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest ac772LR

Ok, I figured out most of it, so now to the big question: is there a simple way of making night textures? If so, could someone walk me through it or direct me somewhere where I can get more information?Bill

Guest ac772LR

How do we make night textures for these files? Any help would be greatly appreciated.Bill

Guest CarlHill

I have done my local airport, everything is fine. The problem is that I have a big square area that doesn't match the default tiles.To solve this, I try to fill in around the airport using pure white to cover up everything that I don't want to show up so that it will blend in better with the default tiles. I then save the white area to an alpha channel within the .tga before I compile everything.Once back in FS, the airport is there in the right shape that I cut out, but now filled with water in some tiles. Everything outside of it is white, all the way to the square borders. It is like the white is not being recognized as transparent, letting the default tiles show through.If I invert the mask, then the outside becomes water and the airport shows up okay in some tiles, but white in others. Either way, I've not been able to get any of the default terrain to show through. Has anybody figured out a way to do this yet? There has to be a way to mask over land areas that we want to show through the new photo scenery.CH

Guest CarlHill

Anyone? Is this program dead already?CH

I assume it's like creating a water mask. If so, select the aiport area, invert the mask so that you are masking everything except the airport area, fill the area with BLACK (not sure this step is really necessary, but it's been working, haven't tried not using this step), create the mask layer, bucket fill on the selected area (I use the opensource program called GIMP so you'll need to figure out what the equivalent commands are in the software you are using), then save.Can't guarantee this will work for you, but worth a try since nobody else has chimed in with any tips. Good luck!Tawni

Guest jschall

I have just started to use Maps2Bgl_X, withe the "v" service.Everything seems to go ok, but most of my scenery area is white :-(Does this mean that most of the jpg tiles did not get downloaded?Part of my area has satellite scenery, but most is white.What does this mean?Jeff SchallenbergSaint Lambert, Qu

Hi,It means that "something went wrong" with those tiles. Either there is no data, the server didn't allow the download, or the download went wrong. Could be any of the three, or numerous other reasons why the data didn't make it.Try another provider, try again with the same provider, or just avoid that area.--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___