Sign in to follow this  
Guest gunnarmd

Maps2Bgl - Offline alternative to the program TileProxy

I have an odd problem :All the tiles get downloaded just fine. However, the process that converts files to TGA (in the Temp folder) creates a pile of BLACK graphic files...so that when I run the batch files it is black in > black out. Consequently I get black areas in my scenery.How can I fix this .jpg to .tga conversion ?Running an x1950 Pro 512 MB with 3.3 GB of system RAM and latest Catalyst drivers...Thanks

Guest kmentt

>I have an odd problem :>>All the tiles get downloaded just fine. However, the process>that converts files to TGA (in the Temp folder) creates a>pile of BLACK graphic files...so that when I run the batch>files it is black in > black out. Consequently I get black>areas in my scenery.>>How can I fix this .jpg to .tga conversion ?>>Running an x1950 Pro 512 MB with 3.3 GB of system RAM and>latest Catalyst drivers...>>ThanksExactly! Thats my problem too!apparentely I read another case in another thread.This looks clearly a bugk

Guten TagDas ist sehr gut!Danke Shurn!Thats all i know in German!LOL:-jumpy

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest gunnarmd

>I have an odd problem :>>All the tiles get downloaded just fine. However, the process>that converts files to TGA (in the Temp folder) creates a>pile of BLACK graphic files...so that when I run the batch>files it is black in > black out. Consequently I get black>areas in my scenery.>>How can I fix this .jpg to .tga conversion ?>>Running an x1950 Pro 512 MB with 3.3 GB of system RAM and>latest Catalyst drivers...>>ThanksHello,if with to download a tile is not found replaces the program this tile by a black tile. For the moment I have unfortunately no solution for the problem. With the version for FSX a white tile is inserted. At these the normal landscape (FSX scenery) will place represented. This possibility does not give it in the FS9 unfortunately.

Guest gunnarmd

>Guten Tag>>Das ist sehr gut!>>Danke Shurn!>>Thats all i know in German!>>LOL>>>:-jumpy Thank you.

Guest kmentt

Dear Gunnard,All is now OK. Apparently the problem was with a particular kml area.The Google captcha form is also working after I restarted windows.thanks a lot for this beautiful program!! and its surely superior to Tileproxy because you can define the limited area and then sim FSX without having slow fps and continuos scenery readingLuis K

Guest kmentt

Is it possible to include service for Yahoo Maps?Reason is some cities in Brazil have missing parts for zooms 16 and up in both Google and Virtualearth. But they have it Yahoo.thanks again!L

>Hello,>>if with to download a tile is not found replaces the program>this tile by a black tile. For the moment I have unfortunately>no solution for the problem. With the version for FSX a white>tile is inserted. At these the normal landscape (FSX scenery)>will place represented. This possibility does not give it in>the FS9 unfortunately.>Hi Gunnar,if I do a couple of donwloads in a sequence and in each subsequent download I get some files that I missed before would I (in theory) end up with all the download files that I need ?Thnaks

I assume, due to google copyright, that we can not share these wonderful sceneries on AVSIM?

Guest jsvw2001

But we can share the .kml, .inf, .agn and mask files. The program is so easy to use that the user can then download and compile his own bgl????Johan

Guest gunnarmd

Hello,this thread achieved in the meantime enormous dimensions. It becomes increasingly more unclear. I ask for apology, if I not answer for a question.:-beerchug

Guest kmentt

Hi Gunnard,With the Virtualearth server, how can I improve detail? should I change the number from 52 to 54? in maps.iniThanksLuis

Guest kmentt

Hi Gunnard,I dont want to bother you unnecessary. Only reply if/when able.DELTA_LAT_PIXEL=0 doesnt work for v***********.**t in south hemisphere.there must be another setting that will.rgdsluis

When I create a polygon and download the tilesthe area sampled in Google turns into a white image less patch.Does anybody know how to restore the image? Have tried everythingI can think of without success.By the way, thanks very much Gunnard for such a good and interesting software.Regards